+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default How tight to tighten a exghaust v clamp

Need help guys, after spending all last Saturday afternoon trying to stop exghaust blowing on v clamp I've noticed today it's still blowing we're the split in the v clamp is by adjustment bolt, how tight can you tighten these clamps as spring on clamp is fully compressed, just worried about stripping thread and not having a spare clamp

Thanks

2 person job ideally- one to hold in place, one to clamp & tighten.
    Have a second nut to back up the first one if worried about stripping thread.

Hateful job. I ended up buying a new Clamp and getting a garage to do mine, they hated it too!
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

I don’t understand the hate towards these.
    If the two mating surfaces are aligned correctly and the clamp hooked over in the right spot, it just simply tightens up until the spring is compressed. Not fully compressed, but you soon know and feel that it’s tight enough.

If yours is fully wound in and still blowing, then either the clamp or two surfaces aren’t fitted correctly.

what exhaust system you have fitted ,some pre cats are a pain as they don't align properly with turbo ,toyo are the worst

+ Reply to Thread