+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Both from new. My Club Sport is 5 years old July, 9300 miles, asteroid grey and mint condition. I'm 73 and it's a toy really. I may sell at the right price ie £9000 simply send me a private message if interested

VXRed

Hmmm 9k is out of budget unfortunately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1993 View Post
    Okay but the way I saw it dealers are only going to auctions and marking them up anyway and paying for work on them which I could do anyway
    But you can't - you buying and repairing a car from auction is vastly different from a dealer!

Like i said unless you can do the work yourself you'll be paying garage labour but a dealer won't, they'll likely have an house mechanic do the work and therefore save costs that way.

A dealer will also have completely avoided the sheds for sale in the first place due to them likely being there every week to spot recurring cars coming through and have that experience. You won't have any experience and will get carried away buying something you shouldn't.

Seriously do not take the risk buying from an auction, not on these cars at the mileage/prices you are looking at - it will end badly!

Not having a go as i did similar many years ago...decided to budget 4k for buying a £750 car from the auction and the rest for repairs. Couldn't do the work myself so guess what, i spent much more that at the end of the day and many occassions stuck at the side of the road which ultimately soured the experience of owning the car.

Today i could do the work myself as i'm reasonably mechanical - i can do cambelts, suspension and even gearbox bearings but i'm still saying avoid...the margins are so small buying cars at auctions it not worth the hassle just paying slightly more at a dealer.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2