+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: High mileage?

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    Gearbox is around £450 if itís not completely knackered and full drive in drive out forged engine is £2250 you can buy a really high mileage 99k plus for around £2700 maybe less get work done and youíve spent around 5k
    Iíve just sold mine with 28k on clock full history on 11reg totally mint 8pot brakes , wavetrac diff, plus loads more was for sale for months no calls for it at all , in the end it sold for £5600 and was faultless, these cars are money pits, love them wonít buy another though.
    My gearbox had the wavetrac diff fitted with updated bearings £2000 exhaust 3Ēscorpion turbo back £1200 8pot 356mm discs and callipers £1000 Airtec intercooler £500 plus loads more so basically gave the car away
    So not to put you off but just be aware they are very hard to sell on and when you do you will lose a lot
    Iím lucky that I didnít need the money so I let it go I needed the space in garage more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I suppose if you do all that modifying all it does it devalue the car from its stock value with the money spent on mods completely lost but thereís always a price for fun! Iím looking to spend 5 grand and I accept that money is completely going down the drain but as long as Iíve got a main car for now that wonít go wrong and a toy that I can keep for the future Iím happy. Just want to be able to give it a good blast, do some long drives up the country and enjoy it without things going wrong!

Crossed between going down the high mileage path or spending the 5k on the best lower mileage car, thinking about it stresses me out haha!

If I got that work done Iíd then be worried about suspension and other things mind

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1993 View Post
    I suppose if you do all that modifying all it does it devalue the car from its stock value with the money spent on mods completely lost but thereís always a price for fun! Iím looking to spend 5 grand and I accept that money is completely going down the drain but as long as Iíve got a main car for now that wonít go wrong and a toy that I can keep for the future Iím happy. Just want to be able to give it a good blast, do some long drives up the country and enjoy it without things going wrong!

Crossed between going down the high mileage path or spending the 5k on the best lower mileage car, thinking about it stresses me out haha!

If I got that work done Iíd then be worried about suspension and other things mind

You can get suspension on a lower mileage one, you may get a better deal on a cat C/D car
    I saw a Arden blue on autotrader on a 14plate for £4800 with 14k on the clock it looked mint and totally std
    Maybe worth looking at that route to a low mileage car

VXRed

You can get suspension on a lower mileage one, you may get a better deal on a cat C/D car
    I saw a Arden blue on autotrader on a 14plate for £4800 with 14k on the clock it looked mint and totally std
    Maybe worth looking at that route to a low mileage car

That car had been written off and repaired?

VXRed

I have no idea why everyone thinks these cars all suffer with P4 and gearbox issues
    If serviced correctly and more often than the manufacturer says with decent engine and gearbox oil then most are ok , the ones that go are the thrashed unloved poor serviced cars
    Unfortunately you wonít know if you have one of those cars unless you know the previous owners
    If your that worried I would buy a really cheap high mileage car and the money saved get it forged and gearbox rebuilt which will be around 2.5k to get all done then you have a good base to build upon

Well that's the whole point no car should have major issues but you will never no second hand. And vxr is terrible sport brand. Assuming that previous owner would of driven it hard. So best to just buy one with some guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by eve_maher View Post
    Well that's the whole point no car should have major issues but you will never no second hand. And vxr is terrible sport brand. Assuming that previous owner would of driven it hard. So best to just buy one with some guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    What I should probably do is buy a 1 litre Nissan Micra with 5,000 on the clock thats almost certainly been driven by a 90 year old woman and never reached 40mph

Every car can be a gamble even a brand new one. Yes you have a guarantee but still have to keep drooping it in if you have a 'lemon' which in itself a damn nuisance.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Euro View Post
    Every car can be a gamble even a brand new one. Yes you have a guarantee but still have to keep drooping it in if you have a 'lemon' which in itself a damn nuisance.
    Yep indeed Iím gonna gamble but just need to make sure Iíve done all the research I can do, ultimately Iím 25 and I need this kind of car in my life to enjoy it in the present haha

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1993 View Post
    Thinking 70-80k miles, opinions?

Tbh that kinda mileage shouldn't really matter these days. As long as the cars been serviced as and when, and it's been properly maintained along with replacement of wear and tear parts, these engines can go well into the 90/100k band.
    Opel NŁrburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2