+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Warranty Diagnostic Fee - Should we be payin

Hey guys.

Need some advice. If your taking your in under warranty for an issue (car feels it has a lack of power). If the vauxhall dealership say they couldn't find anything wrong. Should you be paying a diagnostic fee if it's covered by warranty?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VXR enough

no certainly not !

VXR enough

Grey area i'd say?

If they find something wrong you definately shouldn't have to pay.

However "car feels like it has a lack of power" is honestly a bit vague, so unless you have something concrete to back that up and they don't find anything you can expect they'll want paying.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Grey area i'd say?

If they find something wrong you definately shouldn't have to pay.

However "car feels like it has a lack of power" is honestly a bit vague, so unless you have something concrete to back that up and they don't find anything you can expect they'll want paying.

Pretty much what I'd expect^^^

Astra

VXRed

For anyone who sees this / wonders. In the end I didn't pay. They took the car out for a spin and scanned it. Although I knew it had no codes so I believe they thought it way too harsh to charge for that. Annoyingly the car was working fine. Going to do more of my own tests and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by eve_maher View Post
    For anyone who sees this / wonders. In the end I didn't pay. They took the car out for a spin and scanned it. Although I knew it had no codes so I believe they thought it way too harsh to charge for that. Annoyingly the car was working fine. Going to do more of my own tests and go from there.

See if you can get it on a reputable rolling road on a coolish day - at least the operator should be able to see anything odd and it won't cost the earth

Astra

+ Reply to Thread