+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Corsa VXR Oil Leak??

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me, I brought a vxr from a Vauxhall mechanic thinking it would be a good buy. Drove it home 148 miles, not like a mad man I might add. Parked it up and warmed the car up next morning, drove 20 minutes before I gave it some and only for short burst when possible. When pulled up to a traffic light smoke started to come through the vents, burning smell. Checked under the bonnet with small puffs of smoke coming up from the engine, checked this forum straight away and people said in another post to check oil return pipe. I did that and there was no oil on the pipe but just to the left was two bolts that had oil on. Took this picture
    https://ibb.co/nkWGWWZ

I then decided to lift up the bonnet and look inwards, there was only oil visible from this pipe but not sure what or where it comes from or if it just need tightening.
    https://ibb.co/0qyYkX3

The images just showed up as white boxes sorry for inconvenience
    Last edited by Mitchellb; 11th June 2019 at 08:47 PM.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellb View Post
    Hi guys,

Hope you can help me, I brought a vxr from a Vauxhall mechanic thinking it would be a good buy. Drove it home 148 miles, not like a mad man I might add. Parked it up and warmed the car up next morning, drove 20 minutes before I gave it some and only for short burst when possible. When pulled up to a traffic light smoke started to come through the vents, burning smell. Checked under the bonnet with small puffs of smoke coming up from the engine, checked this forum straight away and people said in another post to check oil return pipe. I did that and there was no oil on the pipe but just to the left was two bolts that had oil on. Took this picture
    https://ibb.co/nkWGWWZ

I then decided to lift up the bonnet and look inwards, there was only oil visible from this pipe but not sure what or where it comes from or if it just need tightening.
    https://ibb.co/0qyYkX3

The images just showed up as white boxes sorry for inconvenience
    Take the car back you’ve only had it 5 minutes even if it was from private buyer you still have rights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

100% take that back.

Looks like its been leaking for a while due to the oil buildup everywhere.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by GPH69 View Post
    Take the car back you’ve only had it 5 minutes even if it was from private buyer you still have rights

Ring the seller explain your not happy if he don’t want to help get independent inspection and report with costs to put right and go to citizens advice , he should repair or give you a refund

VXR newbie

Thanks for the replies, he did get back and said it was bone dry and think the oil return seal has blown and offered to send me some money for the part. But as I live so far away from him, I am going to take it to a garage up the road for a diagnostic of the problem. Then give him the price, if he fails to pay I will take up the citizens advice 😆
    This is a shame! Absolutely love the car.

VXR enough

Sorry I didn't fully read your original post.

I think you'll be doing well to get any money off him or a refund;

I mean its not like you just drove it round the block and this happened...you've done 150 miles on it so its possible it could have simply gone in the several hours you drove the car and anyone sensible would see it same.

If i sold a car to a buyer and they came back after that mileage citing a leak i'd tell them where to go.

Unless its something he could have know about then private sale = warranty to the end of the road.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Sorry I didn't fully read your original post.

I think you'll be doing well to get any money off him or a refund;

I mean its not like you just drove it round the block and this happened...you've done 150 miles on it so its possible it could have simply gone in the several hours you drove the car and anyone sensible would see it same.

If i sold a car to a buyer and they came back after that mileage citing a leak i'd tell them where to go.

Unless its something he could have know about then private sale = warranty to the end of the road.
    I disagree mate, 150miles isnt that far and on a motorway wouldnt be several hours.

I think the seller should fix imo as its basically the next day from sold that a problem has occurred, coincidence or not he should fix or Al least offer some kind of solution

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

VXR newbie

Have sourced the problem and it is a seal from the oil feed pipe, which is £8 from Vauxhall. And mechanic offered £50 to fit it.
    Will tell him how much it will come to and see what he says.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellb View Post
    Have sourced the problem and it is a seal from the oil feed pipe, which is £8 from Vauxhall. And mechanic offered £50 to fit it.
    Will tell him how much it will come to and see what he says.
    Not the worst but don't be sold. I mean £50 for that job is pretty good as it should take about an hour and £50 an hour is not bad. I would of tried to say do it for £30 and that's a compromise from both sides then

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VXRed

How did u get on in the end?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast