+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running costs

VXRed

Default Running costs

Could anyone give me an idea of how much it drinks up?

Ideally stock and with mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

I put a full tank in two days ago about £60 and done 150 miles boosting here and there, then another 60miles the next day and I’ve still got about 75 miles left. So it drinks but can be ok. Also I have a stage 1 remap with scorpion exhaust

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellb View Post
    I put a full tank in two days ago about £60 and done 150 miles boosting here and there, then another 60miles the next day and Iíve still got about 75 miles left. So it drinks but can be ok. Also I have a stage 1 remap with scorpion exhaust
    Nice !! Thatís what Iím thinking of doing but what kind of scorpion exhaust u got?

VXR newbie

Itís the 3Ē non-resonated cat-back system. Itís loud outside with a hum inside and pops when downshifting.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchellb View Post
    Itís the 3Ē non-resonated cat-back system. Itís loud outside with a hum inside and pops when downshifting.
    Iím thinking of getting a turbo back exhaust but not sure whether to go for resonated or not, can you listen to music/have conversations normally?

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by jblake1993 View Post
    Could anyone give me an idea of how much it drinks up?

Ideally stock and with mods

Its exactly the same engine as the "D" so the same running costs really;

- "Typical" average MPG of low 30s. Best i ever saw was 33 mpg...usually filled up when it'd done about 200miles from full which left me with quarter of a tank left.

Usually if its remapped MPG can be slightly improved as long as you're not nailing it everywhere but not enough to make your wallet any better. Likewise driving like a granny may get you more but if you need to do that then theres honestly no point in owning one...i always LOL when i see a VXR crawling along below the speedlimit...what was the point in buying one if you're not going to use it the way its meant to be?

Honestly they are bit **** on fuel by todays standards so if thats in anyway a concern for you there are better cars out there.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by u33db View Post
    Its exactly the same engine as the "D" so the same running costs really;

- "Typical" average MPG of low 30s. Best i ever saw was 33 mpg...usually filled up when it'd done about 200miles from full which left me with quarter of a tank left.

Usually if its remapped MPG can be slightly improved as long as you're not nailing it everywhere but not enough to make your wallet any better. Likewise driving like a granny may get you more but if you need to do that then theres honestly no point in owning one...i always LOL when i see a VXR crawling along below the speedlimit...what was the point in buying one if you're not going to use it the way its meant to be?

Honestly they are bit **** on fuel by todays standards so if thats in anyway a concern for you there are better cars out there.

Haha exactly people probably just have money and buy it in a showroom and donít really think about the fact theyíre buying a fast car, my dad has a 428i 0-60 in 5 something seconds and has NEVER not once driven it faster than a granny in a micra and I think Iíll probably buy it in the future because it will be such a bargain high mileage car... either way Iím not too bothered about fuel but just wanna know what it would cost you to do an 80 miles trip for example?

VXR newbie

[QUOTE=jblake1993;3899868]I’m thinking of getting a turbo back exhaust but not sure whether to go for resonated or not, can you listen to music/have conversations normally?

Yeah conversation is fine it’s like having a subwoofer at 30hz if you know what that sounds like. Not bad at all tbh. I’m not sure about this turbo exhaust, remember someone talking about it years ago on a golf, will have to look it up and see the difference.

VXRed

[QUOTE=Mitchellb;3899910]
    Quote Originally Posted by jblake1993 View Post
    Iím thinking of getting a turbo back exhaust but not sure whether to go for resonated or not, can you listen to music/have conversations normally?

Yeah conversation is fine itís like having a subwoofer at 30hz if you know what that sounds like. Not bad at all tbh. Iím not sure about this turbo exhaust, remember someone talking about it years ago on a golf, will have to look it up and see the difference.
    The turbo exhaust sounds great on YouTube only reason Iím getting it really but I think it just allows for better remapping since turbo can work harder

VXR enough

Turbo back exhaust generally means someones replaced the whole exhaust with either an aftermarket decat system or sports cat system.

Both with give gains as they are more freeflowing than the standard cats.

As for sound decat will always be louder but sound also depends on the bore and number of silencers.

Personally speaking i'd always buy resonated. Non resonated can be fun initially but if you don't like the noise it will get old real fast as well as pissing off everyone around you.
    Corsa SRI Turbo (SOLD) and Facelift Corsa 1.4 SE (SOLD) - Now Ecoboost Fiesta 140 (Bluefinned, Eibachs, B8s), Suzuki GS500 and Kawasaki GPZ900 with ZZR Suspension

+ Reply to Thread