+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Clutch options MK6 VXR

Hey,

I need to change my clutch, I don't have any plans to be modding the power or anything but would prefer to put an uprated clutch in rather than OEM just for piece of mind.

The Courtenay sport and WG Motorsport Stage 1 clutches are about £500, which I'd be (sort of) happy paying, but I'm seeing clutches for anything from £150 upwards, and not really understanding which ones might be worth paying more for and which are cheap sh*te.

So what are the options available for an uprated clutch, or should I just stick an OEM one in?

There are a few threads I've read on this on here, but they are all a few years old so wanted a 2019 perspective. Thanks !

the cost / time required to replace the clutch is not cheap, so avoid pattern parts or you could end up paying twice.

The J vxr is quite hard on it's clutch, the standard clutches are okay for standard power but a remapped car should really be fitted with an upgraded version.

Courtenays sell an upgraded clutch, they have been around a long time and their reputation is important to them, so they only sell good quality proven products.
    Last edited by vocky; 12th June 2019 at 08:25 AM.

wg motorworks supply and fit helix clutches ,no regrets with mine

VXRed

Cheers guys, I think I've pretty much decided to get a Courtenay Stage 1 clutch, it's annoying how all these tuning places seem to be down south, any recommendations on tuners oop norf (Lancashire preferably) or somewhere to get it fitted? Obviously I aint going to a main stealers but don't fancy trusting my car with a backstreet garage either.... dilemma. Maybe questions for another thread...

+ Reply to Thread