+ Reply to Thread
    VXRed

Default Issue selecting gears

Hi All,
    Suddenly I'm having trouble selecting gears when the car has warmed up. If I let it cool down for a few hours all seems ok then issues again when it's warmed up again. Anyone any ideas I'm having the brake and clutch fluid changed on Thursday to see if that helps at all
    T.I.A.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VXR enough

you could try fresh gearbox oil pal but id say the clutch / slave cylinder is on its way out

VXRed

Hope there not as I’ve only done about 8000 on a new clutch, slave cylinder and DMF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXR enough

they have been known to go thru clutches quite quickly pal , is the clutch under warranty ( 2 years on some kits )

VXRed blooded

describe the issue better... based on temperature related info its oil level or quality thats the problem. They are undefiled from the factory and even after 23k miles when i changed mine i could feel the improvement in the gear changes

Mine had a very “tight” gearbox when I got it, especially when hot. New trans oil sorted it, so it does sound like that is your problem. Are you sure they have put enough in? Anyway - should get it looked at ASAP.
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXR enough

agree with the above , not something to ignore ! on the point of fluid changes , does the siggy have a separate diff or does the gearbox feed it all ??

Gearbox -> haldex -> rear diff... all have their own fluids and never the twain shall meet as haldex and diff fluid are very different and they are only separated by a seal, if they mix, you loose the diff.

No separate front diff though - it is integrated into the tranny
    2010 Insignia OPC Sports Tourer

VXRed blooded

dont forget the transfer box as well... so thats 4 in total to watch out for.... only issues with the main gearbox though will cause selection problems

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dalle1985 View Post
    Gearbox -> haldex -> rear diff... all have their own fluids and never the twain shall meet as haldex and diff fluid are very different and they are only separated by a seal, if they mix, you loose the diff.

No separate front diff though - it is integrated into the tranny
    Ok thats what i wanted to know pal , cheers

+ Reply to Thread