Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vectra VXR Brakes

Stig.. I am your father

So the standard Vectra VXR calipers fit onto the Astra VXR then.... thats interesting as I have a full set of Vectra VXR brakes still...

Quote Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
    yep thats all they do just a bit of CNC work dead easy
    thats right unfortuanatly i do it all day long ( have my own engineering company )

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Groves View Post
    can anyone on here do that for us ??//
    speak to regal , if theres a pattern you like it can be produced. weather its for the corsa/astra/vectra discs

Quote Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
    its the Time to set up the cnc that cost's money mate
    to make 20 sets is no problem
    but one set will cost you a lot
    total right there bud , but if people on here spoke to regal and got a group buy going , then could get the prices down .

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    So the standard Vectra VXR calipers fit onto the Astra VXR then.... thats interesting as I have a full set of Vectra VXR brakes still...
    don t get to excited !! they don t just fit the astra , theres a good bit of cnc machining on the caliper carriers and a custom bracket made to get them to fit .
    Project J is here In Tuning You can have ... Cheap , Reliable and fast it just depends what you want ... Cheap and fast cant be reliable , Fast and reliable cant be cheap and cheap and reliable cant be fast .....What will you have
    for your vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Ok how do these fir the Astra as i have heard the fitment id wrong for the Astra.

Would be nice to know what is needed as it may be a cheaper option than the AP's and would still look factory.

Have looked on Regal's web site and nothing, this is the second thread i#ve seen where ppl are fitting the Vec VXR brakes to other models.
    East Anglia Regional Organiser
    Never Underestimate the power of a Vauxhall.
    Astra SRi Turbo. Officialy 1 of 65 in Flame Red, soon to be loaded with power.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
    Ok how do these fir the Astra as i have heard the fitment id wrong for the Astra.

Would be nice to know what is needed as it may be a cheaper option than the AP's and would still look factory.

Have looked on Regal's web site and nothing, this is the second thread i#ve seen where ppl are fitting the Vec VXR brakes to other models.
    You seen this thread? Requires bespoke carriers!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...+vectra+brakes
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's

thanks but still no comformation if the bracket can be purchased on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
    thanks but still no comformation if the bracket can be purchased on their own.
    no point in just having the bracket as the caliper /carrier assembly has to be cnc machined aswell for the bracket to fit to it . as its not a simple " add a bracket , job done ".

the original fixing holes on the caliper/carrier are in the way for the fixing holes for the astra hub assembly , these have to be machined off plus a profile machined onto them for a perfect match to the bracket ( which isn t just a bracket but also strenghtens the original fixing to the wheel assembly )
    Project J is here In Tuning You can have ... Cheap , Reliable and fast it just depends what you want ... Cheap and fast cant be reliable , Fast and reliable cant be cheap and cheap and reliable cant be fast .....What will you have
    for your vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Quote Originally Posted by vxr-blacksheep View Post
    no point in just having the bracket as the caliper /carrier assembly has to be cnc machined aswell for the bracket to fit to it . as its not a simple " add a bracket , job done ".

the original fixing holes on the caliper/carrier are in the way for the fixing holes for the astra hub assembly , these have to be machined off plus a profile machined onto them for a perfect match to the bracket ( which isn t just a bracket but also strenghtens the original fixing to the wheel assembly )

ok i now see what you mean.

really want these veccy brakes but makes the carriers really expensive
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2