Closed Thread

Default Bluefin Remap Specific Q's

Right, the news from TMS about warranty makes the Remap Q an easy one for me...

But I have a couple of specific Q's for those that have had a remap done...

** Does it limit you to high octane fuel or is 95 acceptable?
    ** Does anyone actually put the standmap back on for any reason?
    - if not, is there any way to have a 2nd map that isn't the standard one (ie. an eco mode or similar)?
    ** Does the remap give full throttle travel back with sport on (I can't stand the standard gimmicky shortening of the accelerator pedal with sport mode)
    ** Did your remap need any customisation or was it straight out of the box?

I think thats it for now... I know none of them are majors but I'd just like to know what I'm getting ;-)

Cheers

** Does it limit you to high octane fuel or is 95 acceptable?

TMS say that their maps will suit all fuels, which then begs a number of questions - you can see some of the points i raised about this in the Ireland section...although some may have been removed as it doesnt sit well with certain people!! On that point - i received negative rep from that thread yesterday....coward couldnt even leave their name!

** Does anyone actually put the standmap back on for any reason?
    - if not, is there any way to have a 2nd map that isn't the standard one (ie. an eco mode or similar)?

people normally put them back on if they want warrenty work done and are afraid that their dealer wont honour it. As for Eco mode - a remapped car will only be more harsh on the juice when you are hard on the throttle. I believe a tuned car should always be ran on the best fuel available to you. So over here its 97ron, you are lucky as you can get V-Power.

** Does the remap give full throttle travel back with sport on (I can't stand the standard gimmicky shortening of the accelerator pedal with sport mode)

Pass

** Did your remap need any customisation or was it straight out of the box?

If you purchase it via mail/at a dealer its simply uploaded onto the car and you drive away not fully aware of how happy the car is. If you go to TMS HQ then you get the car rolling roaded and i assume they will adjust the map accordingly, if required.

Big Brake kits and Fully Adj coilovers available - NEW!
    www.aiautosport.co.uk

Are you VXR enough?

hmm i'm buyin one too, wonder how much faster it makes the car

Closed Thread