Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vectra Indicator Bulb woes!

Default Vectra Indicator Bulb woes!

Can anyone tell me how to change the front drivers side indicator bulb on my 2006 Vectra VXR?
    The manual lists instructions for nearside bulb replacement but for offside it says take to dealer!
    I have had a look with the airbox out and access is pretty limited
    www.sarawebsterphotography.com for all your photography needs.
    Craig.
    Vx220 Lightning Yellow 69 (Quick round corners!)
    Vxr Vectra Estate (Quick everywhere else!)

As above removing or loosening the bumper .... if your mechanically minded about 15 mins to remove

ASBO AYRSHIRE

VXR Giggle Control Disorder MrLOL's Avatar

15 minutes ?

Far far easier way to remove is to unscrewn the vacume hose from the airbox. This enables you to push it back out of the way, and comfortable get your hand down there.

Whats more its only a couple of jubilee clips as opposed to a whole bumper !!

Obviously on the other side you remove the screenwash filler neck to enable you to get in.

Gone But Not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MrLOL View Post
    15 minutes ?

Far far easier way to remove is to unscrewn the vacume hose from the airbox. This enables you to push it back out of the way, and comfortable get your hand down there.

Whats more its only a couple of jubilee clips as opposed to a whole bumper !!

Obviously on the other side you remove the screenwash filler neck to enable you to get in.
    Everybodys different buddy , just find it far easier to remove bumper and yes...15 minutes

ASBO AYRSHIRE

VXR Giggle Control Disorder MrLOL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavieK View Post
    Everybodys different buddy , just find it far easier to remove bumper and yes...15 minutes
    my point was taht removing the vacume hose takes less than 1

Gone But Not Forgotten

Thanks for your responses. I have already tried with the airbox and hoses removed so will try with the bumper off
    www.sarawebsterphotography.com for all your photography needs.
    Craig.
    Vx220 Lightning Yellow 69 (Quick round corners!)
    Vxr Vectra Estate (Quick everywhere else!)

VXRed

Guys help appreciated, im trying to change the n/s indicator bulb Vectra VXR 06 plate, removed the battery cover and washer bottle neck slackened off the top of the bumper and removed the 2 screws that are on top of the head lamp housing and i still cant seem to get enough purchase on the damn thing with my fat chubby fingers and i dont know which way to turn it or is it a pull out fitting, the book refers me to the main dealer sod that for a laugh, cars in bits hoping for a quick responce. Thanks in advance.....

Dabs

VXR Nothing comes close

Right mate you have too take the bumper off if you cant get in mate, a couple screws in each wheel arch and a couple across the top of the bumper( think there is 3,)
    Then the light units come out mate, be carefull as you may need too adjust the heights of the lights afterward but no major problem,
    If you have something too sit under the bumper then just flex the bumper forward onto this

HTH, any problems give me a PM

VXRed

All this to change a lightbulb, life use to be so simple !

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast