Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    VXRed blooded

I love the look of the Insignia and find the audi so dull, but a hinted £32K and £34K respectfully I see no reason to buy the Vx.A couple of years down the line the Vx trade in will be £15K whereas the Audi will still be £22k ish.Any non germanic brand (not just vx) needs to be at least 5k cheaper as its not really competing in the the same marque. Maybe if it was Insignia Vs a VW Passat it would a viable comparison.All in my opionion obviously !

During GM online training comparisons are based on the Ford Mondeo and also the VW Passat which is where the main competition has been.

The fact that people are comparing it to premium German marques speaks volumes about the overall quality of the Insignia.

Ford don't have a VXR competitor do they? The comparison with premium german tin is inevitable because as kingcobbler says they are nearly the same money? Probably not an issue in this market sector but although the S4 looks as dull as dishwater compared to the VXR Audi have already easily tuned that drivetrain to over 400bhp/500Nm

VXR Giggle Control Disorder

as above, the only reason its being compared to the Audi is the similar platform / engine performance.

They previously had this sort of comparison, but the price was very different leaving the germans in a class above. SInce GM upped there pricing (rumoured pricing at least) its pushed them into this territory.

Vauxhall may not think of Audi as competition, but the consumer will when spending this sort of cash.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SkunkWorkz View Post
    I've nearly seen Dougie with the helmet removed, but he was hiding behind his laptop!

The truth is out there!

The Short Files..........

I didnt realise Apple did a netbook!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7