Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Angry Major dump valve issues!

Hi all,

Just fitted a bailey dv (correct twin piston one) and I've only driven the car three times since and I've got the engine management light on (the Amber car with the spanner)! Also it seems to be "leaking" boost pressure when cruising at 70/80.

Can anyone shead some light on this and if not has anyone got a spare STD pipe that the courtney sport one replaces as it tore when removing it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Henry

VXR enough

the spanner light can be reset by discontecting the negative from battery for 10 mins, this should also fix limp mode if u have it. as for the bosst leak, you will need a stiffer spring in the DV. and you can buy a blanking plug to replace the dump valve which means you wont have to source a new hose

VXRed

I have the same dump valve and had no problem at all.... i did change the DV to the collins but as soon as i did that i got limp mode aswell. I changed it back to the baileys and its been fine and i've now done 3000 miles with no problems.....

When it 'Dumps' is it short & snappy ? or long & weak ?.... Because mine is really short & snappy but the collins was long & weak (like it was dumping to much )

If you got it from courtney give them a ring and i'm know they will look at replace the faulty DV

VXRed blooded

you need to make sure you get the DV26D like the one in my sig, it has the stiffer spring already fitted and the DV26 doesn't.

as Andy said, you can buy a bung to block the dumpvalve take off if you need to.
    Last edited by matty_vxr; 15th October 2009 at 09:17 AM.

Don't wish to hard turtle boy!

Hello mate if your after a bung i got 1 from ebay 380161334044 (list no)
    fits really well and had no probs, just use the metal screw clip that came with your dv to secure the bung
    hth

VXRed blooded

took my off today running stage 3 and the cars much faster bugger the dumpvalve!

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by stevevxr1 View Post
    took my off today running stage 3 and the cars much faster bugger the dumpvalve!
    didn't you just post in another thread saying it made your car faster?

VXRed

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mabnkat View Post
    I have the same dump valve and had no problem at all.... i did change the DV to the collins but as soon as i did that i got limp mode aswell. I changed it back to the baileys and its been fine and i've now done 3000 miles with no problems.....

When it 'Dumps' is it short & snappy ? or long & weak ?.... Because mine is really short & snappy but the collins was long & weak (like it was dumping to much )

If you got it from courtney give them a ring and i'm know they will look at replace the faulty DV
    I got it from a performance show down here, not courtney direct. It's fairly short but I do think the stiffer spring is a gd idea though. Easy to change the springs?

Cheers for the advice

VXRed

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AndyReinlo View Post
    the spanner light can be reset by discontecting the negative from battery for 10 mins, this should also fix limp mode if u have it. as for the bosst leak, you will need a stiffer spring in the DV. and you can buy a blanking plug to replace the dump valve which means you wont have to source a new hose
    Going to try that batt disconnect tonight chap. Not that I don't believe you but is it all ok when u disconnect the battery? No immobiliser problems or anything silly like that?

Cheers

Henry

VXRed

To all on this thread.

Thank you all for your help, really thought I had buggered up a perfectly good car a was starting to c""p myself about it!

Just been on the phone to Regal Motorsport in Southampton and they do a stage one remap which gives no power increase but allows dv's and other after market products to work fine with no stupid warning lights! think it's around £250? Not too steep I think?

What do u all reckon?

Henry (Smithster)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast