Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If you gonna pay £250 just to be able to put a dump valve on then you wasting your money IMO.... you will still void your warranty too as it is remapped.... if you wanna map it then go for the full map with EDS then you can change the maps to suit further mods or different driving requirement/conditions.
    But if you just want a dv and no power increase then save your money.... i fitted a dv, had it on for 30 mins and took it off... makes hardly any difference to the sound and no difference to performance (not in a good way anyway)... could hardly hear the dv working most of the time so waste of money.

What you looking at Stormtrooper!

Quote Originally Posted by K70VXR View Post
    If you gonna pay £250 just to be able to put a dump valve on then you wasting your money IMO.... you will still void your warranty too as it is remapped.... if you wanna map it then go for the full map with EDS then you can change the maps to suit further mods or different driving requirement/conditions.
    But if you just want a dv and no power increase then save your money.... i fitted a dv, had it on for 30 mins and took it off... makes hardly any difference to the sound and no difference to performance (not in a good way anyway)... could hardly hear the dv working most of the time so waste of money.

VXRed

Fair Point, luckily I havent bought it and then posted hey?

Ive managed to get rid of that stupid engine management light now (disconnecting the batt) but it seems to have buggered up the windows. You have to hold the button the whole time, cant just press for a second and they do it on there own.

Any ideas?

Henry (Smithster)

Quote Originally Posted by smithster View Post
    Fair Point, luckily I havent bought it and then posted hey?

Ive managed to get rid of that stupid engine management light now (disconnecting the batt) but it seems to have buggered up the windows. You have to hold the button the whole time, cant just press for a second and they do it on there own.

Any ideas?

Henry (Smithster)

dont worry it happened to mine as well when i reset the battery, give it time it will adjust back to normal

Take the DV off mate its a waste of time your better of uprating the original valve. Im surprised courtney still sell these considering he bull****s all the time. When i bought one of them it was crap and the car run crap took it of no problems and when you speak to them they will tell you outright they do sell it as a performance part. (well why sell it in your performance section????)

Anyway just take it off mate its not needed

Maniac turtle alright, what you doing down in those sewers dude! vxr maniac's Avatar

to reset your windows hold the button till it gets to the top then keep holding it for about 5 secs then send it all the way down and hold again do this for each window it should then go up and down fine

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by JordanVXR View Post
    Take the DV off mate its a waste of time your better of uprating the original valve. Im surprised courtney still sell these considering he bull****s all the time. When i bought one of them it was crap and the car run crap took it of no problems and when you speak to them they will tell you outright they do sell it as a performance part. (well why sell it in your performance section????)

Anyway just take it off mate its not needed
    sack the dump valve, complete waste of time and money on the corsa

Get rid of the DV as many have said.

If you want better sound from original one (without hastle and problems), get a new panel filter
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Get rid of the DV as many have said.

If you want better sound from original one (without hastle and problems), get a new panel filter
    so if i was to buy a K and N Panel filter or an ITG one i would make an audible DV noise? would it also giv a deeper throat noise like a Cone Filter ?

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-vxr View Post
    so if i was to buy a K and N Panel filter or an ITG one i would make an audible DV noise? would it also giv a deeper throat noise like a Cone Filter ?
    yeah makes it sound a bit more throaty, but no where near as loud as an open cone filter. you can also hear the recirc a bit more with a panel filter.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast