Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help needed on my afl tri-xenon conversion

Hi gyes

Past two weeks ive been working on my front lights so i bought the best kit(?) from cargym.com the philips ultinon 6000k H3 HID or xenons and first time when i installed them the xenon of the high beam would light up for 2 secs then the canbus probably would turn it off...then a friend of mine suggested i buy a capacitator from a uk site so i did because as she said the xenons are 35watt and the bulb in my car is 65watt i think..

Si i received it today and i was at the electrician we connected the capacitator with the ballast and the lamp the lamp would stay on for 3 secs and then off again..Then again we tried with two capacitators then again nothing! i ve run out of ideas has anyone fitted xenons in the o.e AFL lights here? anyone found a way to bypass the canbus? The strange thing is that the lamp that was connected to the xenon would shut off but the other halogen lamp would still be on! any ideas?
    Attached Images
    Astra OPC nurburgring edition no124
    Selling:- Full carbon rear wing 350pounds inc. shipping
    - Full carbon rear diffuser 300 pounds inc. shipping
    - Full carbon stick on door handles,rear bumper inserts,carbon spark plug cover pm me for prices

Most people who have done the AFL's have just wired them to the fog light switch.

You need to do some stuff with Tech 2 to retrofit AFL

you need to tech 2 the car to say it has afl ..they will work fine then
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Yeah as the guy's said Tasvel, you need to enable the "AFL headlight leveling" in the UEC menu within Tech 2.

This doesn't mean the auto AFL headlight leveling will work, it just stops the pesky canbus shutting down the power.

Astravan Sportive SE

VXRed

where abouts are you i have tech2 and could enable the afl in the uec for ya

I get a Buzz out of life! moosh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougallvxtech View Post
    where abouts are you i have tech2 and could enable the afl in the uec for ya
    Greece mate

i bought the car with AFL im not trying to retro fit them! Forget the AFL im doing the high beam in xenon...H3..hence the tri-xenon conversion....

the afls have D2S bulbs and then you turn the high beam(that i want to change) is a normal halogen bulb..ive read in a different forum that the new opels are pulsating when they light up and some hid kits give error code to the canbus

Quote Originally Posted by R i c h a r d View Post
    Most people who have done the AFL's have just wired them to the fog light switch.

You need to do some stuff with Tech 2 to retrofit AFL
    - Full carbon stick on door handles,rear bumper inserts,carbon spark plug cover pm me for prices

has anyone bought the vxr with AFL and fitted high beam xenons?
    H3?
    if yes how please????

Quote Originally Posted by tasvel View Post
    i bought the car with AFL im not trying to retro fit them! Forget the AFL im doing the high beam in xenon...H3..hence the tri-xenon conversion....

the afls have D2S bulbs and then you turn the high beam(that i want to change) is a normal halogen bulb..ive read in a different forum that the new opels are pulsating when they light up and some hid kits give error code to the canbus

VXR enough

do both the lights do it?

i brought a brand new set of HID's from HIDS-Direct and one of the ballasts was faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by tasvel View Post
    has anyone bought the vxr with AFL and fitted high beam xenons?
    H3?
    if yes how please????
    The main beam over here is H7?

Are the ballasts you have definately canbus compatible? If not that's your problem...

Astravan Sportive SE

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast