Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

in the afl i just changed the bulb to a 6000k and it works fine...i think its not compatible but shouldnt it work with the canbus canceler i instaleed?

who knows a good canbus compatible kit for H3 that is working in an astra?
    Astra OPC nurburgring edition no124
    Selling:- Full carbon rear wing 350pounds inc. shipping
    - Full carbon rear diffuser 300 pounds inc. shipping
    - Full carbon stick on door handles,rear bumper inserts,carbon spark plug cover pm me for prices

Was thinking of doing the main beam on mine but never got around to it...Remember that there are no fuses for the front lamps,just load sensing electronics.So if the load is too high or too low they will shut down. Maybe you should run the lamp and any balast system through a meter and measure the current draw,it should be about 4.5 amps per lamp at 12v. More or less may well cause your problem...

VXR Torque of the Devil PaulieMB's Avatar

Tas, I thought that because you already had AFL in your car that there would not be any need for (E Tech) Tech 2 to activate the Xenons. I honestly believed that a HID kit with Canbus decoders would work in your high beams. It wouldn't be something I'd do myself as our high beams are in reflector lenses and with them being such powerful bulbs, the beam would surely dazzle oncoming motorists. I really can't think of any other solution for you. I've just bought a set of Philips 55W Diamond Vision bulbs (non HID) H7's from Japan and these are 5000K, so just as bright white as some HID bulbs. It might be a little less troublesome fitting something like these. They were cheaper than the PIAA Extreme White bulbs I have and much whiter (5000K compared to 4100K of the PIAA's). Sorry the HID's didn't work. x
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

I put Philips xtreme H7's in mine...Thinking about it dont hid's take about 20 seconds to get to full brightness? About 10 seconds after you have dipped them cos of the traffic... Its a nice idea but not sure its worth the hassle.

VXR Torque of the Devil PaulieMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VXAH View Post
    I put Philips xtreme H7's in mine...Thinking about it dont hid's take about 20 seconds to get to full brightness? About 10 seconds after you have dipped them cos of the traffic... Its a nice idea but not sure its worth the hassle.
    I didn't think of that initially, but yes, HID's take a few seconds to start up, which is no good if U want to flash your lights. I also think that it's not good for HID bulbs to be flashed. It cuts short their life span.
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

i know that probably is not even legal to have the high beam in hid but i allways like to travel at night and i dont know if you ve been to greece but i travel in complete dark and a few lamp posts on the way and sometimes you suddently stop because you see cattle sleaping on the road,wild goats e.t.c lol anyways you need good driving lights thats why i want to do it i will buy the kit 50watt hid from hids,com and the gye promised me to take them back if they dont work so lets see..so i guess noone in uk has bought an astra with AFL????

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    I didn't think of that initially, but yes, HID's take a few seconds to start up, which is no good if U want to flash your lights. I also think that it's not good for HID bulbs to be flashed. It cuts short their life span.
    - Full carbon stick on door handles,rear bumper inserts,carbon spark plug cover pm me for prices

Quote Originally Posted by tasvel View Post
    i know that probably is not even legal to have the high beam in hid but i allways like to travel at night and i dont know if you ve been to greece but i travel in complete dark and a few lamp posts on the way and sometimes you suddently stop because you see cattle sleaping on the road,wild goats e.t.c lol anyways you need good driving lights thats why i want to do it i will buy the kit 50watt hid from hids,com and the gye promised me to take them back if they dont work so lets see..so i guess noone in uk has bought an astra with AFL????
    Plenty of people have bought them with AFL just not added the HID kit to main beam!!!!

Astravan Sportive SE

i will.....wait and see

It's not difficult, just fit a 55W Canbus compatible HID kit in H7.

Why do you keep saying H3?

Are your lights different to ours?

Astravan Sportive SE

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2