Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bluefin reset??

Default Bluefin reset??

bought a second hand bluefin unit with a stage 2 map, i plugged it into my astra n it wont connect as it has been connected to the guy i bought it from's vxr, is there anyway of reseting it? and is there anyway of gettin a different map on it??

VXR Torque of the Devil PaulieMB's Avatar

Doesn't sound like it's been reset Buddy, if it came with a Stage 2 map on it. Think it only comes with Stage 1 map after a reset
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car 2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Si4 Petrol Turbo 241BHP (Fuji White with black bits) xx

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AfroGav View Post
    bought a second hand bluefin unit with a stage 2 map, i plugged it into my astra n it wont connect as it has been connected to the guy i bought it from's vxr, is there anyway of reseting it? and is there anyway of gettin a different map on it??
    There is a £150.00 reset charge to enable you to use it, you need to ring TMS directly to have this done tel : 01908 238 798

VXRed

contact tms think it costs £150 for reset

VXR Torque of the Devil PaulieMB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcg1587 View Post
    contact tms think it costs £150 for reset
    Yes, the £150 gives you access to any of the TMS maps. Here's an email I got from TMS today, when asking about having my bluefin reset.

Hi Paula

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you can let me have your bluefin serial number I can get it reset remotely. This would entail you receiving an email and then plugging the bluefin back into your computer for the reset to be completed. You will then be able to sell the unit as a blank unit.

The costs involved to the purchaser would be £150 for all the maps.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards
    Kerry
    Thorney Motorsport
    Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car 2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Si4 Petrol Turbo 241BHP (Fuji White with black bits) xx

ok cheers, thought id heard u can get different maps on the bluefin, i only need a stage 1 at the mo still deciding on which exhaust i want :P tempted by a full custom (NOT POWERFLOW!) anywho i'll get hold of tms see what they say

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

ok cheers, thought id heard u can get different maps on the bluefin, i only need a stage 1 at the mo still deciding on which exhaust i want :P tempted by a full custom (NOT POWERFLOW!) anywho i'll get hold of tms see what they say
    When you paid the reset charge, you will be enable to download stage 1 / 2 or 3 maps to upload to your car when you mod your car.

ideal! likin that, got a few mods so far, got her running 260bhp 257lb-ft thats without maps, exhaust, intercooler etc etc cant really go mad till waranties finished

VXR School Run, All Aboard! SilverSchoolBus's Avatar

ideal! likin that, got a few mods so far, got her running 260bhp 257lb-ft thats without maps, exhaust, intercooler etc etc cant really go mad till waranties finished
    What mods do you have at the mo, mate?
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

VXR School Run, All Aboard! SilverSchoolBus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieMB View Post
    Yes, the £150 gives you access to any of the TMS maps. Here's an email I got from TMS today, when asking about having my bluefin reset.

Hi Paula

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you can let me have your bluefin serial number I can get it reset remotely. This would entail you receiving an email and then plugging the bluefin back into your computer for the reset to be completed. You will then be able to sell the unit as a blank unit.

The costs involved to the purchaser would be £150 for all the maps.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards
    Kerry
    Thorney Motorsport
    It's gone up then, lol, used to be 100! have you tried superchips paulie? Superchips reset mine for free as it was less than 12 months old!
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast