+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Astra VXR FAQ

VXR Vertically Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by 2008vxr View Post
    the only thing is its the 08 spec so i dont no if its out yet
    i dont think the radio surrond size will be diffrent from all the other years.

Are you VXR enough?

For Response IDS+
    I have IDS+ on my Astra and do a lot of B-Road and Twisty A-Road Driving and it is absolutely superb. I have to admit I have played around with different tyre pressures to hone the car to my style and have truely found the sweet spot. I love it. The turn in and transient behaviour of this Front Wheel Drive car is astonishing. I have driven the passive version but only on main roads when I ran a demo Vxr. On this style of road they feel the same. But couldn't comment of B-Road handling. But I am a very long long way away from saying I am unhappy with IDS+. The Vxr's standard harshness is great, no compromises. I love it

VXRed

hi guys am new to vxr online have just taken delivery of no.133 nurburgring edition cool car but...ran it to the btcc at donnington on sunday. all was well there and back went to start car yesterday and is making a horrible noise, we have established it is coing from the rear of the exhaust backbox just where it rests against the plastic wheel arch guard on the passenger side, boyfriend takin it to work today (works at Vauxhall Dealer) to get it fixed, just thought would let anyone know if they had same problem thats what they should check first. Other than that cool car

hi all
    I would like to know if remapping my my57 Astra VXR with Regal will cause probs with the warrenty? picked up the car Dec 07, have been told different things by different people, Yes and no! Thinking of doing stage 1 at the moment and bit later adding exhaust! Anyway Thanks! Just wanted to say i have learned alot from this site and wanted to thank all!! Take care

Im no expert on the in's and out's of mechanics and warrentiues for car's but i would have said it would invalidate your warrenty if you start tinkering with the engine.

If you had a portable bluefin re-map unit you could re-map your ecu and when it goes in for servicing set it back to the factory standard, no one would be the wiser.

My VXR is still in warrenty and until it expires im not tinkering with the engine or having any engine related after market products added just so they havent got an excuse to invalidate the warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 1983 View Post
    Im no expert on the in's and out's of mechanics and warrentiues for car's but i would have said it would invalidate your warrenty if you start tinkering with the engine.

If you had a portable bluefin re-map unit you could re-map your ecu and when it goes in for servicing set it back to the factory standard, no one would be the wiser.

My VXR is still in warrenty and until it expires im not tinkering with the engine or having any engine related after market products added just so they havent got an excuse to invalidate the warrenty.
    Vauxhall are quite touchy about this as you can imagine - and I bet you that there is a way of them being able to tell if they investigated further than at the dealers

If you have a remap done - the theory goes that your warranty stands unless the remap caused the issue whereby you would then need to claim off the tuner - do a search on here, plenty of posts regarding warranty etc

if you write to any software (remap) then there will be always be a log of it.
    Whats next?!?!?

Lets face it any dealer loves to take your money as quickly as possible but are buggers to pay you out if somthing goes wrong.

If your engine blew or went seriously wrong for example after having a remap they would blame it on the engine mod and would invalidate your warrenty.

If i was you i would touch it until the warrenty runs out unless it is something that is vauxhall approved and wouldnt invalidate your warrenty if it went wrong

VXR newbie

hey, guys i'm from the US and i have a saturn ion redline, and apprently from what i have heard is there they will be making an astra redline edition soon, what mods and tips could i get from you guys about these sexy cars

Quote Originally Posted by the lama View Post
    hey, guys i'm from the US and i have a saturn ion redline, and apprently from what i have heard is there they will be making an astra redline edition soon, what mods and tips could i get from you guys about these sexy cars
    good old google had to help me out on this one for some pics and specs on this car

looks a nice car!

any pics / specs of your model?
    STEINMETZ'D 2004 CORSA 'C' Z12XE
    2008 ASTRA VXR
    2003 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STi TYPE UK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast