Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Service? done on time or mileage?

iv have my car since august 2009 wen i had it serviced wen i got it.
    its only done 8,000 since then and its showing on the dash with the 1sp light thingy for a service.

is this right or did they not reset it correctly when vaux did it in aug?
    the oil and engine are fine and had no problems so does it really need another service?

thanx in advance

Spot of bother with tech2 the hounds dont fold in! vxrmartyn's Avatar

it time or milage, what ever comes first.

had my car new in 08 and its done 7500 miles and my secod service is due next month lol
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

20,000 miles or every year depending what comes first after your last service.

yea my light comes on after 7months of having a service i just went into vaux and they turned it off untill it was actualy due
    INSIGNIA VXR

VXRed

when is it reccomended for first service. mines done 9000 now and not had a service. when i went in to local vauxhall they said 20000 miles and thats without oil change. no light come on yet so i assume its ok?

Quote Originally Posted by motocross_100 View Post
    when is it reccomended for first service. mines done 9000 now and not had a service. when i went in to local vauxhall they said 20000 miles and thats without oil change. no light come on yet so i assume its ok?
    As mentioned above it is 20,000 miles or every year depending on what comes first after your last service. If you car was brand new, it will be from the date you collected the car.

VXRed

o rite thats ok then. i just would of thought it would be lessthan that. especially for oil change as its not been changed since new.

Quote Originally Posted by motocross_100 View Post
    o rite thats ok then. i just would of thought it would be lessthan that. especially for oil change as its not been changed since new.
    All the information on service times and what is changed is contained in the service book.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 29th May 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Banned

I dont understand why they tell you to come in every year if that comes before 20k?? Why would your car need a service, say if you have only done 5k but it has been a year since your last one. Wouldnt it make more sense just to be every 20k no matter how long it takes you to get there?

Spot of bother with tech2 the hounds dont fold in! vxrmartyn's Avatar

not really as oil etc goes off over time, seals perish and so on.

also there may be problems on the car developing over time and they can be nipped in the bud so to speak
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast