This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Nav Handbook

Before I rip out the sat nave system from the Astra on the grounds that I think it would be safer to have unprotected sex with an ethiopian transvestite (thank you jeremy clarkson) Would anyone be kind enough to send me a copy of a sat nav handbook.
    Gabriel has to visit Coventry tomorrow and we are currently printing out routes on the RAC website because the Vauxhall system wants to send him round Bromsgrove and in through Meriden when the most direct route is up the Fosse Way.
    Before anyone suggests asking my dealer, I did that when I collected the car and it still hasn't arrived.
    Thanks in advance.

I have found that it learns from it mistakes, take the route you prefer to use it will constantly recalculate the route, next time it may send you the way you want to go, have you chosen the correct options ie fastest route/ shortest route

Comment

Ah you see there lies the problem, as I don't have a handbook I don't know how it has been set up.

Comment

once in sat nav press settings and change as required

Comment

Thanks Shane, will try that although I did think we had already tried (Is that where you find the re-calculate option?). I know the system doesn't like to recalculate as I mentioned to Sparky last week after I came back from Yorkshire. I was at Stow on the Wold coming down the Fosse before it decided it didn't want me to do a U turn to the M42 (roughly 50 miles behind me).

Comment

the setting button down the bottom of the unit right side will change the setting for quickest, shortest, back road, motorway etc routes, the re-calculate is on the left hand site of the screen when the sat nav is actually on, it is the second last feature that you can scroll down the screen, can recalculate by some miles, best way is to change the route type in setting and then reculate if its not doing what you want, also in the settings is a way to change your display type with a 3 dimentional display type, what i will do is bring my book into work tomorrow and photocopy the sat nav pages and forward on to you Catherine if that helps any

Comment

Shane that would be fantastic thank you. At least next time Gabriel won't have be printing out sheets of paper at 5 in the morning.

Comment

no worries, instuctions do come in handly, pm where you would like them sent and i will have them out to you tomorrow

Comment

Strange that Catherine, I too didnt get the instruction book for my CD70, instead included in my pack was a book for the CD40, when I collected the car I panicked when I opened the pack to find a CD40 book, we all ran to the car to make sure it wasnt fitted with the cd40, Aussies instructions will soon have you sorted, after five months of waiting still no CD70 Instuction Book.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                    no worries, instuctions do come in handly, pm where you would like them sent and i will have them out to you tomorrow
                    Aussie thanks for sending the instructions, I received this morning.

Comment

glad to be of assistance

Comment

Working...
                      X