This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your next car going to be?

She goes like stink and has even more to give with a few modifications.
    Somebody at GM had a moment of clairvoyance and gave the thumbs up to a car that looks fabulous.
    Will the new shape be a worthy replacement? If not, which car could possibly replace her?
    The Evo & the Subaru go like the preverbial off a shovel but are nothing to look at. The M3 has booth looks & pace, but costs the earth.
    Will I be able to admire another car in quite the same way and who's ever going to build it?

You can forget the M3, Too slow !!!

Comment

Too slow!
      How do you make that out, with all due respect?

Comment

Originally posted by MoveOver
        Too slow!
        How do you make that out, with all due respect?
        He has a TMS Stage 2 car
        sigpic

Comment

its just an evil rumour !!!

Comment

A Stage 2 what?
            Now I just want to know all about that stage.

Comment

A Stage 2 what?
              Well it involves a full miltek sports exhaust which derestricts the exhaust flow and in doing aids cooling and provides 15-18 BHP increase in power and plenty of extra decibels and pops and bangs. And next an ECU remap, which then arguably it must be said, provides another 40-45BHP. This on top of the standard 240BHP gets the little old astra up near the 300BHP mark, capable of a nice little tussle with an M3.

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                its just an evil rumour !!!

Comment

I guess it depends whch M3 you are referring to. The next generation m3 has 400 bhp as standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
                    I guess it depends whch M3 you are referring to. The next generation m3 has 400 bhp as standard.
                    :? Probably referring to the E46 M3 343bhp which is actually available.
                    The next generation V8 M3 isn't.
                    Think its quite impressive to keep pace with one of those tbh ?
                    sigpic

Comment

It's more than impressive, it's astonishing.
                      Can the VXR realy deploy all of those 300 rampaging horses on the tarmac?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes... thanks to that clever Mr Thorne
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3 VXR
                            A Stage 2 what?
                            Well it involves a full miltek sports exhaust which derestricts the exhaust flow and in doing aids cooling and provides 15-18 BHP increase in power and plenty of extra decibels and pops and bangs. And next an ECU remap, which then arguably it must be said, provides another 40-45BHP. This on top of the standard 240BHP gets the little old astra up near the 300BHP mark, capable of a nice little tussle with an M3.
                            Arguably is the right word - lets not start all that again! For full Stage 2 at TMS I saw around an extra 40 - 45bhp (before and after RR'd)....and I'm not sure any of us start at 240. I don't want anybody to feel disappointed or let down. However, at the end of the day, I could'nt give a **** about the numbers or the "my tuner's better than yours" crap. Just drive the car and enjoy (For me, the noise is just as much fun as the xtra pull).

Comment

as Col is saying its what you notice on the road when your behind the wheel, pulls superbly and sounds great

Comment

Working...
                              X