This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ! WARNING ! IF YOUR THINKING OF UPGRADING ALARM READ THIS

SINCE MY LAST POST ABOUT MY OBVIOUS CRAP DRIVING STYLE I HAD A CLIFFORD INTELIGUARD 950 FIT DUE TO MY PARTNER USING THE CAR MORE THAN I DO AS IT HAS A BUILT IN BLACKJAX . I TOOK IT TO AN AUTHORISED CLIFFORD DEALEr WHOSE NAME I GOT OFF CLIFFORDS WEBSITE HALFWAY THRU THE INSTALLATION HE RANG TO SAY THE ONLY WAY HE COULD GET THE HAZARDS TO STOP FLASHING ON DISARM WAS TO PROGRAM A 2ND BUTTON ON THE REMOTE TO TURN THEM OFF AFTER DISARMING !!!! CAUGHT OFFGUARD I WENT ALONG WITH THIS. 4 HRS AFTER PICKIN THE CAR UP I NOTICED THE INTERIOR LAMP WAS ON AND THE ONLY WAY TO TURN IT OFF WAS TO REMOVE THE BULB, I THEN RANG THE INSTALLER WHO SAID TO TAKE IT TO VAUX AS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ALARM! ON TRYING OUT THE BLACKJAX I NOTICED THAT ON ENTERING MY CODE I HAD TO TURN THE HAZARDS OFF VIA THE HAZARD SWITCH RATHER THAN THE ALARM DOING IT 4 ME ! I ALSO NOTICED THAT WHEN TURNING THE IGNITION OFF B4 THE REV SENSOR ON THE ALARM LOCKS THE DOORS THE ALARM THEN LOCKS THE DOORSWITH U STILL IN! THERE ARE A FEW OTHER MINOR FAULTS BUT I THINK U GET THE IDEA . THE INSTALLER IS REFUSING TO LOOK AT THE ALARM WHICH I CANNOT TURN ON DUE TO IT GOING OFF EVERY TIME ITS ARMEDUNTIL VAUX HAV SORTED OUT THE FAULT IM SURE HE HAS CAUSED AS THE CAR HAD NO FAULTS WHEN I LEFT ITWITH HIM!! WITH SO MUCH WRONG WITH THE ALARM I DECIDED TO CALL A CUPL MORE CLIFFORD DEALERS ONE BEING ONE WHO ADVERTISES IN TOTAL VAUXHALL WHO SAID UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD THEY FIT A CLIFFORD TO ANY NEW VAUX DUE TO THE CANBUS SET UP ON THE CAR AND IT WOULD CAUSE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. AT PRESENT I HAV THE CAR BOOKED IN AT VAUX ON FRI SO THAT I CAN HOPEFULLY GET THE INSTALLER TO RECTIFY THE ALARM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

clifford alarm

have also spoken to gap securites in northampton who do the alarm systems for pimp my ride,they to say due to the canbus wireing it is not possible to install a clifford alarm ?????? they are in the process of sorting out a connection module that will connect to the vauxhall system,it then should be possible to fit them to the vxr's.

Comment

Re: ! WARNING ! IF YOUR THINKING OF UPGRADING ALARM READ THI

Originally posted by arden
      SINCE MY LAST POST ABOUT MY OBVIOUS CRAP DRIVING STYLE I HAD A CLIFFORD INTELIGUARD 950 FIT DUE TO MY PARTNER USING THE CAR MORE THAN I DO AS IT HAS A BUILT IN BLACKJAX . I TOOK IT TO AN AUTHORISED CLIFFORD DEALER IN SELBY WHOSE NAME I GOT OFF CLIFFORDS WEBSITE HALFWAY THRU THE INSTALLATION HE RANG TO SAY THE ONLY WAY HE COULD GET THE HAZARDS TO STOP FLASHING ON DISARM WAS TO PROGRAM A 2ND BUTTON ON THE REMOTE TO TURN THEM OFF AFTER DISARMING !!!! CAUGHT OFFGUARD I WENT ALONG WITH THIS. 4 HRS AFTER PICKIN THE CAR UP I NOTICED THE INTERIOR LAMP WAS ON AND THE ONLY WAY TO TURN IT OFF WAS TO REMOVE THE BULB, I THEN RANG THE INSTALLER WHO SAID TO TAKE IT TO VAUX AS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS ALARM! ON TRYING OUT THE BLACKJAX I NOTICED THAT ON ENTERING MY CODE I HAD TO TURN THE HAZARDS OFF VIA THE HAZARD SWITCH RATHER THAN THE ALARM DOING IT 4 ME ! I ALSO NOTICED THAT WHEN TURNING THE IGNITION OFF B4 THE REV SENSOR ON THE ALARM LOCKS THE DOORS THE ALARM THEN LOCKS THE DOORSWITH U STILL IN! THERE ARE A FEW OTHER MINOR FAULTS BUT I THINK U GET THE IDEA . THE INSTALLER IS REFUSING TO LOOK AT THE ALARM WHICH I CANNOT TURN ON DUE TO IT GOING OFF EVERY TIME ITS ARMEDUNTIL VAUX HAV SORTED OUT THE FAULT IM SURE HE HAS CAUSED AS THE CAR HAD NO FAULTS WHEN I LEFT ITWITH HIM!! WITH SO MUCH WRONG WITH THE ALARM I DECIDED TO CALL A CUPL MORE CLIFFORD DEALERS ONE BEING ONE WHO ADVERTISES IN TOTAL VAUXHALL WHO SAID UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WOULD THEY FIT A CLIFFORD TO ANY NEW VAUX DUE TO THE CANBUS SET UP ON THE CAR AND IT WOULD CAUSE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. AT PRESENT I HAV THE CAR BOOKED IN AT VAUX ON FRI SO THAT I CAN HOPEFULLY GET THE INSTALLER TO RECTIFY THE ALARM. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
      Its sounds like there is a problem with the installation of the clifford alarm, Vauxhalls wont be able to do anything because its after market and not a dealer fit.
      There is probably nothing wrong with the car, they probably made a lush up of the wiring!!!!
      Like a few people have said you get problems when dealing with CAN-Bus

Comment

This may be of use??
        http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10541

Comment

cheers 4 the help, as you can imagine im very ****** off with the whole thing as the car is only 4 wk old !! i have now spoke to clifford technical who are trying to contact the installer to get things sorted as they now have wiring diagram to enable the alarm to be fit correctly so every thing should work ok ie hazards flash as they should do!!!! as 4 interior lamp vaux say a module has blown which they replacing under warranty 1

Comment

Plonker question... What is CANBus?

Comment

its the type of wiring that thet use,i sure i will be correct if i am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                CANbus is a nightmare thats what it is, it`s the way the car is wired and controlled, basically the car isn`t wired traditionally but is all controlled by computer modules which tell things to go off and on, rather than switching them, if you catch my drift. My vec is canbus and has caused me a few ball aches, thought the Astra would be as well, I know there are issues with aftermarket alarms in Vec C`s as well ....

Comment

My VXR Has Clifford

Hello All,
                  I have got the Clifford Concept 650 fitted to mine. You are right in what you say. Clifford should really not be fitted to new Vauxhalls. I have learn't alot from my problems. All be it not really major problems. But it is nice to see that someone else had similar problems as me. Obviously not for them but i thought i was going mad being the only one with probs.
                  I had one fitted in December. The installation took six hours and the only problems i had were that my installer a good friend of mine worked out that the fitting of the equipment that locks and unlocks the doors would not work effectively with the canbus system. So he never fitted it. Also he could not get the front indicator to flash when arming because he couldn't wire them up individually because of the sealed units of the adaptive forward headlighting. And interfering with the canbus would cause future probs. So my fog lights flash instead. Looks wicked. :P
                  One week after fitting the interior light came on and stayed on and hazards flashed on start up until i turned them off with the button on dash. My friend that fitted it (Incar Electrics, Hertford Road, Enfield) extensively checked it and said that the alarm was working properly and wasnt making the light stay on. Went to Vauxhall who spent four days looking at it with no idea what they were looking at. Normal fitters and techies. Just to come up with the idea that the alarm spiked the light module situated in the boot. They reset the module and corrected all fault codes and said if it happens again they would replaced the module and charge me for it as the warranty on that part was no longer valid as a aftermarket product had damaged it. This was *******s as my mate had gone to Vauxhall disconnected the alarm from the interior light circuit and Vaux still couldn't find the cause. I took it back to my mate who spent twenty five minutes looking at the circuits around the interior light and cut a few wires and added a few wires and so on and so on. And now it works perfectly. Not had any problems since.
                  But i have to set the alarm from the fob and then lock the car with the Vaux key. But i can live with that as it protects the car in all the other ways.
                  Just another note i read on this website and the other one that most of you guys are on. Around the time i had my probs people were taking there cars back to Vaux with problems of the Vaux alarms going off for no reason. Vaux removed the standard alarms and fitted different ones (Vaux Approved Meta Alarms) They fitted these new ones as they couldn't fix the problems of the lights coming on and setting the alarms off. As we have had Cliffords fitted that is a easy get out. They just blame the Clifford and get off scott free.....
                  A good Clifford fitter will be able to sort the problems out. Its just finding one to Trust.... I was lucky.....
                  I hope this is either informative or helpfull... Any other questions dont hesitate.....
                  And also you are right with the explanation on the Canbus System. I was told it works like a circle that goes round the car with all the different bits attached to the circle. ie door locks ignition even down to the lights horn and fag lighter. Then the onboard ecu is attached to that circle and controls everything according to what buttons you press or how the car is driven and so on.
                  Clifford are in the midst of producing a connection to the canbus system where you have a box with two wires that connects to the Canbus and the alarm controls all the bits it needs from there. Removing the need to run all the wires and stuff. They have already got this in production for the VW's. I would advised anyone not to have a Clifford fitted until this has been perfected and produced....
                  Good day to you all.. I hope i helped
                  Mikeanicvxr
                  Live the dream!!

Comment

Sigma alarms can be fitted to the Astra without any problems, I have a fleet customer who specify them on a lot of their cars as they carry money in them, had about 20 or so done now without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                      CAN - Control area network
                      CAN Bus has been around for over 10 years, its basically two twisted wires (green & white) that are wired into each control unit on the ring or star layout.
                      On an Astra-H there are three different CAN-Bus circuits, high, medium and low.
                      The high speed circuit connects the powertrain modules eg engine, transmission, AHL, ABS.
                      The Med speed does the ACC, Radio, display units
                      The low speed connects the body modules eg REC, SRM, IPC
                      The main advantages of Can bus are the saving on wiring, and the information from one control unit can be shared around the vehicle, with the other units.
                      Danny

Comment

atleast im not the only one with problems!! clifford hav now decided that the correct way to work the indicators is to wire into the front and rear fuse boxes which will turn the hazards on and off correctly so back to the installer i go !! central locking wise the alarm seems to operate this function fine apart from if i pull the car out of the garage and turn engine off it locks the doors due to the rev sensor on the alarm not locking the doors due to not enough engine revs ! auto window wind up is achievable also using one wire to the timed output channel according to CC AUDIO who i contacted after reading one of the posts above! these guys seem to be very knowledgable but more importantly very helpfull with information!! they have succesfully installed a total closure 950 into a 06 vxr by wiring up the front and rear fogs which sounds quite cool. these guys also had an interior lamp fault on their install which the fixed rather than saying take it to the dealers under warranty!! BUT ONCE AGAIN I MUST WARN WOULD BE ALARM BUYERS, BE CAREFULL JUST BECAUSE THEIR AUTHORISED CLIFFORD INSTALLERS DOESNT MEAN THEY CAN FIT ONE TO A VAUXHALL !!!

Comment

Here Here

I will second that warning..... Try to find someone that has already fitted one!!!!
                          MikeanicVXR

Comment

Originally posted by arden
                            atleast im not the only one with problems!! clifford hav now decided that the correct way to work the indicators is to wire into the front and rear fuse boxes which will turn the hazards on and off correctly so back to the installer i go !! central locking wise the alarm seems to operate this function fine apart from if i pull the car out of the garage and turn engine off it locks the doors due to the rev sensor on the alarm not locking the doors due to not enough engine revs ! auto window wind up is achievable also using one wire to the timed output channel according to CC AUDIO who i contacted after reading one of the posts above! these guys seem to be very knowledgable but more importantly very helpfull with information!! they have succesfully installed a total closure 950 into a 06 vxr by wiring up the front and rear fogs which sounds quite cool. these guys also had an interior lamp fault on their install which the fixed rather than saying take it to the dealers under warranty!! BUT ONCE AGAIN I MUST WARN WOULD BE ALARM BUYERS, BE CAREFULL JUST BECAUSE THEIR AUTHORISED CLIFFORD INSTALLERS DOESNT MEAN THEY CAN FIT ONE TO A VAUXHALL !!!
                            That was my 06 VXR, pleased to report the alarm is all working well over a month after fitting! The guys at CCA do know their stuff. As has been said be selective with installers and try to find someone who has done a VXR before.

Comment

an update to my alarm problems !! had the car in2 vauxhall 2day to sort out my interior lamp fault that occured within hours of my 950 installation. the module in question was replaced under warranty and worked fine ! fine that is until the technician drove the vxr up to the body shop 4 some warranty work 2 be done, not thinking to put the code in, the blakjak activated and the interior lamp came on again!!!!!! yup youve guessed it another blown module , needless to say vaux have now confirned what i already knew - they say the alarm is spiking the electrical system and theres not alot they can do until the alarm is disconnected, although they will replace the module again under warranty once this is done which i think you ll agree is very fair of them !! upon recieving this news i called the installer who once again denied it was anything to do with the alarm or the installation of it saying vauxhall were wrong !!! any thaughts on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated as the only option i can think of is to take legal action.

Comment

Working...
                              X