This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stutter at 80

I was travelling uphill today in 6th up hill and all of a sudden the car stuttered (felt like it backfired but without the bang).
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Steep Hill ?
    Very Low fuel in tank ??
    Just a thought, never experienced it though.
    Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Neither really, the tank was 3/4 full and the hill wasn't particularly steep (dual carrigeway all the way from top to bottom and approximately 3 miles in length).

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine
        Neither really, the tank was 3/4 full and the hill wasn't particularly steep (dual carrigeway all the way from top to bottom and approximately 3 miles in length).
        Did feel some bad flat spots on the standard map with the dealer fill-up of 95RON when I first had the car, power just seemed to disappear for a second, but I'm sure youre probably using a better octane anyway....
        sigpic

Comment

It has always been run on 97.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
            Originally posted by Catherine
            Did feel some bad flat spots on the standard map with the dealer fill-up of 95RON when I first had the car, power just seemed to disappear for a second, but I'm sure youre probably using a better octane anyway....
            The dealer filled your car, bloomin heck thats not bad (even if it was cheap crap)

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie
              The dealer filled your car, bloomin heck thats not bad (even if it was cheap crap)
              He thought it was the least he could do really.....I had waited 8 1/2 months for it and he was impressed I had not sworn at him once!
              sigpic

Comment

I had exactly the same; a bad flat spot at around 5000rpm. Unusually, more pronounced in third gear. Higher octane fuels (especially optimax) whcih Courtney sport recommend did help.

Comment

I have always run on optimax! 2000 miles and i get areal bad flatspot at aroound 4500rpm, the car almost bogs for a second then away she goes! like you it is more pronounced in third.

Comment

Catherine,
                    If it keeps doing it ie regularly take it back to the dealer for a diagnostic check. It sounds like the ECU doing a recalibration - which it does - dependent on conditions , as you were in a max load situation you can notice it.
                    Worse conditions we've found are 6th gear under load low (sub60) speed. Feels like the engine gives a little cough then continues normally. Less noticeable with high octane fuel , quite noticeable on 95.
                    Stu

Comment

Stuart,
                      A cough is the perfect description. We do run on 97 Ron all the time, Optimax isn't readily available around here or I would give it a go.
                      At the moment I am more concerned with the vibration through the transmisson in 4th (as this has happened more than once).
                      Car hasd just covered 5K miles.

Comment

Catherine , on the 4th gear vibe I'd go straight to the dealer and replicate it for them.
                        stu

Comment

Ok will get it back from Gabriel and get it back to Hinton's this week.

Comment

Catherine What happened ???
                            I had the same problems. Searched the sites and saw there was a tech bulletin for new plugs etc posted by someone who took his car into Patchway.

Spoke to Simon at Hinton. Yes mine is on their list and hes getting in parts.
                            Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Andy,

I haven't done anything with it yet. The stutter hasn't re-occurred but it vibrates still in 4th gear.

I haven't had a letter about plugs, I thought that was for 200 bhp Turbos and not VXR's.

It needs so much stuff doing to it, but I haven't got the time to drive 15 miles to take it into the dealer

Comment

Working...
                              X