This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRST LOOK NEW MAGNEX SYSTEM

Got my astra back today from magnex and got to say im pritty impressed, she's now got on her a front cat replacement pipe, standard middle cat, and full system cat back, it sounds mint and goes a hell of a lot better. My car was there test car so i recived all for free , the power and torque figures have gone up to an impressive 258.2 bhp and 256.1 lbft [img]
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...081_edited.jpg
    [/img]
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...4062006001.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...2062006002.jpg
    I think it looks mint aswell, please tell me your thoughts compeared to miltek :P

Have to say I prefer the looks of this system to the Milltek.
    Any ideas what they will be charging for this?
    Cheers
    Jonathan

Comment

Nice - how does it sound ?
      tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
      The truth is out there ...

Comment

Should imagine its very similar to the Magnex 6x4.
        Very nice low down grumble without the BWAAARRRRRRBBBBBBB.
        It produces a nice deep drone on my corsa.
        have to say I prefer the look of this also.
        You say you still have the standard middle cat and removed the Pre Cat.
        How much was it?? Going on previous Magnex prices (I liek Magnex), it won't be anything like the Miltex hopefully?

Comment

ITS SOUNDS REALLY DEEP AND NOT TO LOUD, AND POP'S OFF ALL THE TIME, MAGNEX TRY'D A SPORTS CENTER CAT ON IT AND IT LOST BHP DUE TO LOSS OF BACK PRESSURE, UNSURE OF THE PRICE BUT ITS GOIN TO BE ON SALE SOON. :wink:

Comment

I also think that looks rather smart. Well done Magnex as the bumper cut out is not the easiest to fill nicely.
            Stu

Comment

Does it affect the manufacturers warranty

Comment

Originally posted by vxrsls
                ITS SOUNDS REALLY DEEP AND NOT TO LOUD, AND POP'S OFF ALL THE TIME, MAGNEX TRY'D A SPORTS CENTER CAT ON IT AND IT LOST BHP DUE TO LOSS OF BACK PRESSURE, UNSURE OF THE PRICE BUT ITS GOIN TO BE ON SALE SOON. :wink:
                Thats strange as turbos don't work on back pressure. Thats NA engines. With a turbo you want to exhaust the gasses out as soon and smoothly as possible.

Comment

Looks good but I do prefer the way the Milltek fills the space, but I am bias

Comment

Astra VXr ECU control is very sensitive to back pressure ,and can result in a drop in boost pressure the ECU calibration can require a re learning process it was a very sensitive area in testing the origonal Z20LEH engine. Boost control is not so simple on this engine.

Comment

Love the shape. Looks really good, but having full miltek fitted to mine.

Comment

lux good m8 be intresting to find out the cost against miltek tho

Comment

I think that looks great. I wonder if they will do a system for the Vectra, as the milktek is still not on the scene.

Comment

Sent PM to John T requesting info, otherwise it may have to go to BTB , Haywood and Scott or Magnex. Have to say I'm getting fed up with waiting.

Comment

Just had a look at Magnex's website, they seam to suggest that they make OEM exhausts for TVR, Aston and some Jaguars. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X