This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrade and remap

I have booked my VXR in to Thorney Motor Sport for a full Miltek system and the guy at Thorney has suggested a stage 2 remap. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the differance and if i need to upgrade my brakes. Bad news is the earliest they can do it is mid July , good news is just in time for BTCC :P

Stage 2? Hell yeah!!!
    I have a stage 1 and WOW!!! You'll certainly noticed the difference...changes the car and makes it better believe it or not! If you are not aware...a stage 2 is stage 1 but with the full Milltek. TMS also provide a tweaked map too.
    As for the brakes...I'm not sure. I have had the remap for a while now and I don't *think* the brakes are necessary...the standard ones are pretty good. A few times they have worried me a bit though...so unsure. I'm sure John (TMS) or Dave (VPC) can advise more on that. However, if I had the money for them, I probably would get them!
    Ian

Comment

Well Jon was doing a good job in making me want it, and i think with that remark you said about the brakes i will go for the stage 2.
      My mate has a Focus RS which he claims has 280bhp, as long as i can whoop his **** i will be happy.

Comment

Hi Mandy, go for the whole lot, ive had the stage two and booked in for stage 5 suspension and brake upgrade at end of month, so now go faster, handle better and stop in time, oh! and the milltek still gives me a big ol grin every time my right foot twitches.
        johnny
        Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

The more i hear, the more i like

Comment

Its all good, if you think the cars an animal out of the box. Add a few tweaks and you can really feel what its capable of.
            Oh and thorney motorsport is highly recommended, they treat the car like you would.
            johnny
            Arden Astra j , nav 600, afl, full leather, aero pack, power fold mirrors, infinity sound system.

Comment

Well Jon made me feel like a friend on the first call, and he's sure i will be happy.

Comment

Yep Jons a nice bloke and luckily for me im only ten minutes away.
                Since having the stage two, all i seem to do is brake, keep catching other cars to quickly, thats the main reason i am upgrading the brakes, just so i dont climb into the boot of the car in front. :? . a worthwhile investment, if not straight away.
                johnny

Comment

Im getting mine done on 14th July, from what ive heard the remap with the Milltek is a must. Still seems ages away tho

Comment

let me no what you think when you,ve had it done.i go for mine on the 17th july.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandy
                      let me no what you think when you,ve had it done.i go for mine on the 17th july.
                      I'd doubt you'll get any comments back....not in 3 days. It'll take at least 5 days for the jaw to recover from being wacky on the ground!!!

Comment

lol
                        I hope by the time i reach home the Jaw will have fully recovered. Ill probably need ear plugs for the long journey home

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you all in person.
                          Brakes are a bugbear at the moment, we're waiting but keeping keen

Comment

Working...
                          X