Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

emmisions light

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • emmisions light

    my g/f was driving the car today along the motorway and the light came on it was orange but wasnt flashing she brought the car home and i done what my m8 told me to do i checked for a fault and nothing came up so i disconnected the battery and put it back on and the lights away. we filled the car up the day before at a jet petrol station and then got told not to go near there as there petrol is rubbbish i will be using the fuel up and refilling it with v-power from now on any ideas to what could have been the cause thanks

  • #2
    There is a Jet petrol station in our area mate and there fuel was contaminated. It was causing some damage to the engine and in some cases causing alot of damage. Not sure if it was just this Jet one or all of them. I'll try digging out the article.

    I hope everythings ok though mate
    sigpic
    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

    Comment


    • #3
      maybe just a blip might not happen agen

      Comment


      • #4
        if this is the case then surley u must be able to do them for it and i wish i was able to get there shi*e out my tank i put some of that redex or whatever its called in so fingers crossed that should help

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
          if this is the case then surley u must be able to do them for it and i wish i was able to get there shi*e out my tank i put some of that redex or whatever its called in so fingers crossed that should help
          redex is very good stuff

          Comment


          • #6
            You say that a light came on but did not flash.
            Do know what orange light came on ??
            Reading your thread you seem to indicate that it is the petrol tank warning light ??
            You say you done the usual to see what came up with codes how did you do it ??
            Would like to do more,

            Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

            Comment


            • #7
              it was the exhaust emisssions light that came on as i looked up my book it only flashes if its to do with the cat from what i read and to test it i had engine off foot on the accelerator and brake then pressed the start button

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tcd_burg View Post
                it was the exhaust emisssions light that came on as i looked up my book it only flashes if its to do with the cat from what i read and to test it i had engine off foot on the accelerator and brake then pressed the start button
                Thinking on what you have said and nothing jumps out at me, maybe as already mentioned could be a glitch.
                If I think of anything I'll post it on here later
                good luck.
                Would like to do more,

                Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

                Comment


                • #9
                  thanks again for the help

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry mate, I can't find the news article, it was only in the local paper so it might have just been the one local to me which to be honest is a mess I've never used it, so don't take my first post as gospel. Especially since no lights have come on since. Does the car feel different to drive?
                    sigpic
                    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      First things first, is the car mapped? Do you usually use 99 Ron?
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This happened to me a couple of weeks ago,(and it was also on the motorway when it came on) disconnected the battery for 3/4 mins and all seems ok for several hundred miles, got code 42011 when i did the pedal test, but it hasnt come back on (yet) fingers crossed, still dont know why it came on in the first place though.

                        Running stage 2 tms on v-power fuel.
                        Last edited by miniman; 20 July 2010, 01:10 AM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If your changing fuel from 99 to 95 then the ecu will need to de-learn what it has to do, especially with tms cars, they don't like fuel changes I'm afraid
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As Stewarty has said if you change fuel the car will need to adjust its long term trims to cope with the fuel BUT when the car is running in closed loop then the first lambda sensor will be used to provide feedback to the ecu to adjust the fuelling etc to achieve stoich.

                            Whilst cruising / light throttle the lambda will be used to control the fuelling. At the same time the ECU is comparing the reading between the first and second sensor and if the emissions read by the second sensor are too not clean enough then the emissions fault will light. Once you stab the throttle or go over about 3000rpm the lambdas are no longer used and don't measure the emissions as they pass by as they are narrowband sensors and so are only really useful at stoich.

                            Its difficult to say why this happens sometimes, mine lights up sometimes when cruising along as if the car has for some reason richened the mixture for whatever reason. I notice mine comes on more often than not when I have drove on a wet road (read torrential rain) perhaps the water passing round the cat is reducing is operating temperature but I find that unlikely.

                            Changing from 99 to 95 ron will mean that the mixture will richen but only really when your giving it some as timing / fueling when cruising is not pushing the limits of either fuel.

                            As you can guess I am bored lol.
                            | Find | Watch | Follow |

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by worky View Post
                              As Stewarty has said if you change fuel the car will need to adjust its long term trims to cope with the fuel BUT when the car is running in closed loop then the first lambda sensor will be used to provide feedback to the ecu to adjust the fuelling etc to achieve stoich.

                              Whilst cruising / light throttle the lambda will be used to control the fuelling. At the same time the ECU is comparing the reading between the first and second sensor and if the emissions read by the second sensor are too not clean enough then the emissions fault will light. Once you stab the throttle or go over about 3000rpm the lambdas are no longer used and don't measure the emissions as they pass by as they are narrowband sensors and so are only really useful at stoich.

                              Its difficult to say why this happens sometimes, mine lights up sometimes when cruising along as if the car has for some reason richened the mixture for whatever reason. I notice mine comes on more often than not when I have drove on a wet road (read torrential rain) perhaps the water passing round the cat is reducing is operating temperature but I find that unlikely.

                              Changing from 99 to 95 ron will mean that the mixture will richen but only really when your giving it some as timing / fueling when cruising is not pushing the limits of either fuel.

                              As you can guess I am bored lol.
                              Your not boring when your bored thats explained a few points, thanks.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X