This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhausts and warranty issues

Can anyone clarify the warranty issue? There seems to be quite a lot of confusion surrounding the issue. I emailed a TMS performance centre about having an exhaust fitted and they said it wouldn't affect my warranty. Below is an extract of the email.

Hello

Regarding the exhaust on your vehicle. I would suggest that you have the Miltek system as the Remus in currently unavaliable.

The Catalytic converter will come with a two year warranty, the pipe is life time warranty.

There will be no concerns on affecting your vehicles current manufacturers warranty.

Vauxhall (HQ) will tell you differently, in that a modification will remove your manufacturer warranty and you will then be relying on the tuner warranty to cover this or anything that the modification could have affected

Astra

Comment

In the event that the tuner does not honour their warranty and VX say that its caused by the performance part, your up the creek without a paddle
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

i thought it was a case of if you have a turbo back it just voids your warrenty on the stock exhaust??

but id be warey with regards tms warrenty..

youve got to have every single modification supplied and fitted by them as if anything was to happen, your screwwed as they will argu the toss with you sayin the part you put on was at fault..

seen it to many times on here..

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
          i thought it was a case of if you have a turbo back it just voids your warrenty on the stock exhaust??

but id be warey with regards tms warrenty..

youve got to have every single modification supplied and fitted by them as if anything was to happen, your screwwed as they will argu the toss with you sayin the part you put on was at fault..

seen it to many times on here..
          So what if the turbo goes because its overboosting due to a low restrictive cat? Bugggered!
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
          X