Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking at going regal in favour of TMS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • looking at going regal in favour of TMS

    something tells me i should of done this from the start as regal tuned astras seem to be achieving alot higher BHP that TMS, for example a stage 1 regal tuned astra always seems to be higher bhp than a stage 2 tms ones?!?! do thorney offer an aggressive map for stage 2? im sure i heard someone off here had an aggressive one but i seem to rememebr askin this question at the time and getting a no lol anyway if i was to sell my bluefin with the map on would somebody have to reset it? can they continue getting maps for free etc? if so how much would i be looking to get for it as in total i have spend £350 and only had it for about a month, another question is it worth going through all this effort to run with (in most peoples opinion) better software

  • #2
    Call TMS, I am not sure if they are resetting devices for free even if under a year old anymore. The cost is £200 to have it reset if not.

    TMS do an array of maps so why don't you give them a call. I think it would be beneficial to get a spin in a stage 2 EDS car to ensure you are happy with it before making the switch.

    Both do the exact same process and although they deliver power differently they are pretty much even on the open road.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

    Comment


    • #3
      Same choice i made when i first bought my car, switched from TMS to Regal and never looked back. just felt they had more to offer at the time and i like the products made by them also.

      Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
        Same choice i made when i first bought my car, switched from TMS to Regal and never looked back. just felt they had more to offer at the time and i like the products made by them also.
        was it worth it mate? did you notice a difference in power or was it pretty much the same? if i can sell my bluefin and not make much of a loss on what i paid then i will definitely be doing it

        Comment


        • #5
          worth every penny IMO, Regal offered what i wanted and i am happy still (i just dont like regal customer service though....major issues with them.

          imo it pretty much goes like this....

          Regal - power
          Courts- - customer service
          Tms - VxrPC warranty
          Last edited by Dan_vxR; 20 July 2010, 02:06 PM.

          Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

          Comment


          • #6
            my stage 1 TMS is running just under 270 - 268bhp to be exact, that surely isnt bad for a stage 1 is it?

            As for TMS I couldnt be happier with the service they offer

            Comment


            • #7
              at the end of the day mate its not about bhp and torque, as long as the car performs well then whats the problem??

              some times being to aggressive can be a bad thing..

              also more stress and strain on the turbo life..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                worth every penny IMO, Regal offered what i wanted and i am happy still (i just dont like regal customer service though....major issues with them.

                imo it pretty much goes like this....

                Regal - power
                courts- - customer service
                tms - vauxhall warranty backing
                +1 agree there mate, see the main thing i look for is customer service, becasue if i bought something from you, and your attitude stunk and you wasnt very helpfull etc, ide be worrying, thinkin does he actally know what he is on with etc..

                Comment


                • #9
                  when i had stage 2 done to my car at TMS i got 282bhp and torque was 320ilb which aint too bad. then at stage 3 it made 301bhp and torque was upto 355ilb. im not really interested in figures but i was happy that it got over 300bhp on stage 3. the most important thing to me is how the car drives and the after service i get and i have to say with tms i have never had any problems. think i have said before here on the forum that when i took my car to the dealers to have the manifold looked at and noticed it had cracked i rang tms at 16.50 on a thursday and told them and they said can you get the car here tomorrow and we will fit you a new turbo manifold under warranty! gota be happy with that kinda service!

                  forget about figures mate and drive a stage 2 regal car and stage 2 tms and see what you think then decide. figures are just for pub talk
                  sigpic
                  TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

                  www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                    at the end of the day mate its not about bhp and torque, as long as the car performs well then whats the problem??

                    some times being to aggressive can be a bad thing..

                    also more stress and strain on the turbo life..
                    Not the best way of explaining it damo lol, You could have a 100bhp astra that performs well on the road, dont make it better than a 500bhp that performs well does it?

                    Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                      Not the best way of explaining it damo lol, You could have a 100bhp astra that performs well on the road, dont make it better than a 500bhp that performs well does it?
                      i dont mean like that mate, i mean if the map was that aggressive, gettin the power down on the road might be a stuggle etc not the engine life etc..

                      regards the turbo mate, every map puts strain on the turbo but a more aggressive map will put even more strain on

                      damo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No probs damo, Yes it can be a challenge trying to get power down sometimes but thats not the issues as good decent branded tyres sort that out, Being on country roads with off cambers causes hell trying to drive fast as you get chucked about everywhere (not a safe feeling)

                        Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                          No probs damo, Yes it can be a challenge trying to get power down sometimes but thats not the issues as good decent branded tyres sort that out, Being on country roads with off cambers causes hell trying to drive fast as you get chucked about everywhere (not a safe feeling)
                          yeh thats what i mean mate, i'm not sayin its a bad map as tbh if i wasnt going courtenay the next place in line is the eds map for me.. ..

                          but as you stated with great tyres the power down problem could be solved..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well i just rang tms and they said they dont offer an aggressive map anymore, they said i am expecting between 270-285 bhp and for stage 3 just over 300 this isnt amazin is it as i know of alot of stage 2 regal astras are seeing 300 for stage 2 and for stage 3 up to 330bhp!!! thats a hell of a difference!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't chase figures fella as rolling road figures vary greatly and are at best a 'guess'. I think it would be interesting to see a stage 3 TMS car and stage 3 EDS car on the same dyno on the same day with the same fuel .
                              | Find | Watch | Follow |

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X