This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cat geting replaced

as above im sick of going into vx to get code 42011 cleared i can remember reading a thread other day about a lad with a burg thinking his cat was bust and some1 said get it replaced under warrenty

so took it back again yesterday and mentioned this 300cell cat said they would look into it and just got off the phone and there replaceing it even tho vx say it not harming the car in any way

so id say it you are gettint this fault code get to vx and get it replaced

i had same issue and had mine replaced last week! all sorted now.. p.s took vaux a month to sort it though.. absolutly TOSS!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran-D View Post
      i had same issue and had mine replaced last week! all sorted now.. p.s took vaux a month to sort it though.. absolutly TOSS!
      aw there good mate told me it could be september by the time they get it tho

what i cant understand is they say it fine when this code is on but they'll replace the cat for you

Comment

vauxhall work in strange and mysterious ways my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran-D View Post
          vauxhall work in strange and mysterious ways my friend!
          tell me about it

Comment

your getting your remus 100cell cat replaced with a 300 cell?? thought the remus was only 100 cell
            sigpic
            TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

thing is 300 cell cat is more restrictive then the 100 cell cat..

the code isnt guna hurt the car in anyway, if you phone thorney as your mapped by them..

they can remove your code forgood as they do it via the map..

cannockvxr on here who has my powerflow, when he swooped me, he got the light straight on and then plugged his bluefin in and removed it forgood..

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
                your getting your remus 100cell cat replaced with a 300 cell?? thought the remus was only 100 cell
                yeah mate im sick of geting the 402 code on and putting the 300cell stops this happening

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                  thing is 300 cell cat is more restrictive then the 100 cell cat..

the code isnt guna hurt the car in anyway, if you phone thorney as your mapped by them..

they can remove your code forgood as they do it via the map..

cannockvxr on here who has my powerflow, when he swooped me, he got the light straight on and then plugged his bluefin in and removed it forgood..
                  iv had the code removed 3 times in the last 7-8 days

how can a 300cell be more restrictive than a 100cell mate?

Comment

The clue is in your question the greater the number of cells the more dense the cat is and thus more restrictive.
                    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by gary vxr View Post
                      iv had the code removed 3 times in the last 7-8 days

how can a 300cell be more restrictive than a 100cell mate?
                      well its like sayin mate.. havin a decat instead of a sports cat..

there is way more flow with a decat then a sports cat because of the build inside the cat etc.. wereas the decat is straight through..

so basicly if you have a cat that is 300 cell rarther then 100 you can be even further down on power.. as the flow is more restrictive..

the standard cat i believe is 400cell..

ring tms up and ask them about the light as i know they do it so its removed completly..

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                        The clue is in your question the greater the number of cells the more dense the cat is and thus more restrictive.
                        right i get ya surley a 300cell is better tho?

Comment

there is way more flow with a decat then a sports cat because of the build inside the cat etc.. wereas the decat is straight through..

so basicly if you have a cat that is 300 cell rarther then 100 you can be even further down on power.. as the flow is more restrictive..

ring tms up and ask them about the light as i know they do it so its removed completly..
                          as i have sed here mate ^^^^^ and will probly alter the note in your exhaust.. dont get the 300cell, 200 minimum

Comment

i see so putting the 300 cell on will drop my power ? will it be by much damo?

Comment

Nope the more cells the more restrictive and dense the cat is.

300 cat is more restrictive than a 100 cell cat.

The less cells the better the flow therefore more power.

The standard cat from the factory I believe 400 cell from memory.
                              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Working...
                              X