This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 small beeps after locking the car??

This happened for the first time last night and again this morning, anyone have any clue whats going on?

06 vxr btw!

not a seatbelt sensor
    sigpic

Comment

No, its once the ignition is off and im locking the car when leaving it.

The battery died while i was on holiday, but I had it bump started and drove it to get a bit of charge in it and its been grand for a week now, beeping only started last night.

Comment

Battery is konked dude
        Boosting Right Past You!

Comment

Normal battery or alarm battery that I keep hearing about??

Comment

Power sounder is going to die i would say easy to replace
            the truth is out there
            part GSI part VXR
            tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

So battery or sounder? I thought the sounder was 4 beeps?

Comment

Now beeping 6 times

Comment

It's gone to defcon 3...

Comment

New battery in, vaux put a new sounder in also, still beeping.

They told me to give it a few days, I have, it's still beeping. They want more money to investigate, but it they seen the fault on tech2, replaced the part and it's still beeping, surely they are at fault and should do whatever else it takes to fix?? I can't be expected to pay for their mistakes surely??

Comment

Which garage did you take it to?

I found townparks to be pretty good in Antrim, is the car still in warranty?
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

No mate it's out of warranty!

It was charles hurst dundonald!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuarty1984 View Post
                          New battery in, vaux put a new sounder in also, still beeping.

They told me to give it a few days, I have, it's still beeping. They want more money to investigate, but it they seen the fault on tech2, replaced the part and it's still beeping, surely they are at fault and should do whatever else it takes to fix?? I can't be expected to pay for their mistakes surely??
                          well if you paid for part's to be fitted that vaux said would fix it..and has not ..then yes they should pay you a refund on the part's as they have not fixed the problem.....

it's like fixing a puncture on a tyre that is not got a puncture ! you just would'nt do it..and i would'nt pay for it !

i would go get them well told mate...by the sounds of it they are just trying to fix things on what you have told them and not done a full check ...which is what they should have done.

hope you get it sorted..just go in there calm and put it to them that they have fitted parts to your car which have not fixed the problem..and ask would they ?

hope you get it sorted mate
                          ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

They said they didn't diagnose the problem originally and they out the part in under my instruction, which is fair enough, but they did say that they had plugged it into tech2 while it was there and the powersounder fault code came up, so it's not like the part was thrown in for fun!

I'll see what happens when i phone tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                            X