This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how good are they

Just ordered a Percy cdti air box from the man himself .

Just how good are they ?? Worth it

I know I've already brought it lol but just after some user stories

Thanks All and especially Percy

Originally posted by A2ON View Post

shorter route for turbo means spools up quicker and not guna get heat soak mate defo worth it

Comment

Cool beans knew it was a good idea .....

Anyone else share how they feel after fitting there's

Ps what's a top hat ?? Lol

Comment

Cool beans knew it was a good idea .....

Anyone else share how they feel after fitting there's

Ps what's a top hat ?? Lol
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=462

Comment

how much was it if you dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
            shorter route for turbo means spools up quicker and not guna get heat soak mate defo worth it
            Actually that would appear to be wrong.

A chap on here did back-to-back testing on the standard setup and the CDTI setup. The only difference IIRC is that the throttle response was marginly better in the higher rev range with the CDTI conversion. The testing also showed that intake air tempreture was slightly cooler with the OE set up

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Actually that would appear to be wrong.

A chap on here did back-to-back testing on the standard setup and the CDTI setup. The only difference IIRC is that the throttle response was marginly better in the higher rev range with the CDTI conversion. The testing also showed that intake air tempreture was slightly cooler with the OE set up
              mmmmmmm still better than oe

Comment

It's was 225 in black with a k and n filter .

I hope this ^^no difference thing is bit true !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                  mmmmmmm still better than oe
                  Why's that then?

Comment

It's was 225 in black with a k and n filter .

I hope this ^^no difference thing is bit true !!!!
                    it does help mate

Comment

well for starters its shoter route (can only help) all tuners says it spools up quicker due to shorter route...the crossover gets heat soak weras the cdti dunt...

Comment

A tuner said to put diesel in mine when i said i wanted better fuel comsumption lol Just coz a tuner says something doesnt mean its actaully the best thing for the car.

Now if combined with lots of other mods and if your really chasing figures than i would agree it does help and as you have said with the more direct route it spools quicker, this was shown in the testing with the MARGINLY higher throttle response in the high rev range, no dfference in the lower rev range. I'd persoonally have it just for looks but as for it being better than the standard setup on its own then the testing would suggest it isnt and as for the heat issue, it was shown that the OE setup kept the air cooler than the CDTI conversion
                        Last edited by Jay; 20 July 2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          If combined with lots of other mods and if your really chasing figures than i would agree it does help. I'd persoonally have it just for looks but as for it being better than the standard setup on its own then the testing would suggest it isnt
                          well i have tophat larger pipework cdti panel filter and they all go well togther like u say and it does luk better than oe...ive had both setups and feels better with cdti

Comment

as sed turbo spools up faster etc, and not causing any heatshoke.. looks better and the best set up for the vxr..

dont expect 40bhp from one..

they will ad a little but mainly for whats been said

Comment

i just fitted my regal air box bout a week ago nd i felt quite a big diffrence in how she drives. the throttle defo seems more responsive almost the same as sport mode before my remap. the pic up from low rpm is alot better bearly touch the throttle. and just the over all power delivery is alot better, smoother and the car now seems alot less hesitant when u put ur foot down she just goes..
                              defo worth getting matey i think the vxrs should have come like this to begin with
                              piper 3inch, regal 1.9 airbox + tms bluefiin stage 2 sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X