This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pistons and rods

hi all, just sat here wundering say if the car has 100k on ...will the pistons still be as good? or is it inevitable that it will go boom??

thanx guys

Don't see why they would mate!? Unless it's had a hard life

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Totally depends on how it's been maintained. A well maintain motor with 100k could be in better condition than a neglected engine with 50k. Loads of different factors etc but on my itouch and typing is a chore lol
      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
        Totally depends on how it's been maintained. A well maintain motor with 100k could be in better condition than a neglected engine with 50k. Loads of different factors etc but on my itouch and typing is a chore lol
        lol thanx worky ive always wundard thats all surley a car cannot get to 100k and then go boom lol

Comment

I've seen c20let's with maybe 130k and only need thr bores honed and a new set of piston rings
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
            I've seen c20let's with maybe 130k and only need thr bores honed and a new set of piston rings
            yer... the z20leh is alot better than the let...wen i had my gsi a felt like it was guna break but the vxr feels so strong lol

Comment

I seen a 145k mile VXR on AT when I was looking to buy one. It was up for 8k from a dealer and it sold.

There's currently a few on AT with 85k+ miles.
              Last edited by Tecky; 21 July 2010, 01:13 AM.
              Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Tecky View Post
                I seen a 145k mile VXR on AT when I was looking to buy one. It was up for 8k from a dealer and it sold.
                my gosh lol sum one did sum serious miles

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                  my gosh lol sum one did sum serious miles
                  Yeah lol. I posted about it on here and other people said they had seen it as well so it wasn't just me seeing things lol
                  Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Yeah lol. I posted about it on here and other people said they had seen it as well so it wasn't just me seeing things lol
                    lol u shud av rung it lol say as it got fsh lol

Comment

It said in the description that it had FSH
                      Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

There's currently a few on AT with 85k+ miles.
                        Mine is 80k with fsh and probibly better nick than a few ive seen with 40k on them, i service mine every 5k and thats around every 3 months so shes well looked after and not really thrashed, barely use the sport button.

Comment

Working...
                        X