X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 3 tuning, is it aggressive ?

Just wondering about the power put down on the road with a stage 3 tune,

with a stage 1 or 2 the power down on the front wheels is fairly aggressive (imo) so how do you owners with stage 3 keep it down, without losing it ?
    sigpic

lsd
    STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

stage three is very smooth compared to stage two

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
        hmmm explain how when there is more power??

Comment

expensive tyres will keep the power down in the dry.

I run stage3 with goodyear eagle f1 ayesmetrics and have no issues....but there is loads more choice to choose from (I like Yokohama Parada Spec 2 and toyo 888 aswell)

it's dodgy roads I am more bothered about to keep the power down.

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Mines not smooth hoggy, your welcome to test it as you have had a few

Comment

Originally posted by thall_burg439 View Post
              hmmm explain how when there is more power??
              well my stage two was all or nothing,you put your foot down and bang away it went,with stage 3 the power is there all the time and no bang if you no what i mean

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                Mines not smooth hoggy, your welcome to test it as you have had a few
                dan whos tuned it mate

Comment

Eds mapping, MPG tuning.....currently undergoing garret gt28rs conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                    Eds mapping, MPG tuning.....currently undergoing garret gt28rs conversion.
                    been there mate had a vxr running a garret and 374 bhp car was crap as it was un driveable

Comment

It should be smoother due to the way it delivers the power, as hoggy says, the power is there most of the time, the intercooler helps all this, sustaining power right thru the rev range, so feels more smooth,
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                        It should be smoother due to the way it delivers the power, as hoggy says, the power is there most of the time, the intercooler helps all this, sustaining power right thru the rev range, so feels more smooth,

even with the air-con on theres no loss of power aswell

Comment

??? Lol
                          sigpic

Comment

even with the air-con on theres no loss of power aswell
                            yeh i heard that.. is that true?? someone was sayin we loose abit of power..

Comment

been there mate had a vxr running a garret and 374 bhp car was crap as it was un driveable
                              I wont be running that much power so i hope it wont be crap. looking for more of a progressive delivery that pulls hard.

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
                              I didn't try stage2 so cannot comment but i can assure you mine aint smooth, power kicks in on full throttle in 3rd\4th from 3k revs real fast pulling hard but weakens towards just before 6k revs. Its hard to describe really.

Comment

Working...
                              X