This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil change?

Does any1 know if theres a thread on how to do an oil change? Iv had a look but cant find anythin

tom

take wheel off.. unscrew filter.........undo sump plug and let it drain......

top back up ur done

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=99890

Astra

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ght=oil+change

Second post on there should help you mate.

EDIT - Wow Ian posted it like 2 secs before I did lol

Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

thank you kindly

Comment

i must remebernext time round to do a how to for an oil change, as more people are asking for a how to these days...

did you find my post helpful.. would it be better with pictures in a step by step format
            sigpic

Comment

also fill the filter with oil before fitting and i disconnect the coilpack and turn the engine over 1st to prime the turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                also fill the filter with oil before fitting and i disconnect the coilpack and turn the engine over 1st to prime the turbo.
                thats good practice but no harm is done if you dont fill the filter or even crank the engine before..
                sigpic

Comment

seems fairly easy, may even try it myself but then perhaps not always a good thing for service history!?

not cranking the engine or filling the filter shouldnt cause any harm at all

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

dead easy to do a oil change I do one every 4k on my car
                    get it done in under 20 mins no problems at all
                    the truth is out there
                    part GSI part VXR
                    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                      seems fairly easy, may even try it myself but then perhaps not always a good thing for service history!?

not cranking the engine or filling the filter shouldnt cause any harm at all
                      thing is, with modern and well built cars these days, service history is something that doesnt bother alot of people.. also whats stopping me from getting my mate to stamp it for me FOC
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X