X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" System

Hey guys,

Just a quick one, A friend of mine has just baught a Astra VXR after selling his Evo 8 as he wanted something a tad cheaper to run.

He has just had a CS 3" Cat Back system installed, He is still running the standard downpipe and Cat section as he is still waiting for this to be delivered.

He just rang me saying the car feels like it has lost power and feels sluggish in acceleration. Do you think this is because of the current change in diameters or the exhuast? IIRC the standard system is 2.5" so this would mean it currently goes from 2.5" diameter until the centre section/rear box where it increases to a 3" diameter..

It is also non-resonated if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
    Hey guys,

Just a quick one, A friend of mine has just baught a Astra VXR after selling his Evo 8 as he wanted something a tad cheaper to run.

He has just had a CS 3" Cat Back system installed, He is still running the standard downpipe and Cat section as he is still waiting for this to be delivered.

He just rang me saying the car feels like it has lost power and feels sluggish in acceleration. Do you think this is because of the current change in diameters or the exhuast? IIRC the standard system is 2.5" so this would mean it currently goes from 2.5" diameter until the centre section/rear box where it increases to a 3" diameter..

It is also non-resonated if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.
    Cant see why he feels like he has lost power, as its a cat back it shouldnt make any difference really apart from noise. The main restriction in the standard exhaust is the down pipe which is why most people change this if they dont want a full system

Comment

CS 3" Cat Back system? i take it thats a piper then?

Comment

isnt standard system 2 1/4inch? so how will the pre cat fit onto a 3" pipe?
        Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
          isnt standard system 2 1/4inch? so how will the pre cat fit onto a 3" pipe?
          A reducer is fitted
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Shouldn't make any difference except to noise.

Comment

Working...
            X