Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much bhp do u loose to the wheels?

hi i am just wondering how much bhp to u normally loose to the wheel on a stage 3 map or any really

if u cud ost some graph so i can see cheers tom

thanks

On the standard map i recoreded an 18% transmission loss if that helps?
    sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

so say that ur car 300 bhp sp ur lossing 53 bhp to the wheels so it only 246bhp that right tom

how come u loose so much to the wheels

Comment

actually, just checked, it was 17%. If you have a look at these graphs http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=98436 you can see there was a difference of about 15.8% which is in the general area. When you start seeing graphs that have transmission losses much lower than this you can pretty much guarantee that the fly calculations are wrong. You have to also remember that "at the fly" is just a calculation based (hopefully) on previous experiences and other data.

There is always going to be a loss between the fly and wheels as the power has to travel a distance to get there and some elements of a drive train offer resistance. It's basically similar to electricity, the further it has to travel the more voltage drop you will get.
        sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Working...
        X