This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fault code help pleaseee

The car fells normal but the error code 021956 is comming up, its a 08 plate Burg, ive looked but dont understand what it means, can anybody help pretty please

P0219 Engine Overspeed Condition

That is when the engine has been over rev'd, ie passed the limiter when you miss shift and go from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th.
    Last edited by MattW; 22 July 2010, 12:38 AM.

Comment

So what does that mean?? Will it just go or is there someting wrong with it??

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MattW View Post
        P0219 Engine Overspeed Condition

That is when the engine has been over rev'd, ie passed the limiter when you miss shift and go from 3rd into 2nd instead of 4th.
        what this man has sed, have you had it on a rolling road?? they may have over revd it..

like sed gone from say 5th going into 4th but put it in 2nd instead say at 80mph..

Comment

Yes think that must have been the case, i missed a gear unfortunately SO what does this mean?? Is it going 2 be ok, or will i need to do sometihing to it now??

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lewis-t View Post
            Yes think that must have been the case, i missed a gear unfortunately SO what does this mean?? Is it going 2 be ok, or will i need to do sometihing to it now??

thanks
            yes as above also happens after a rolling road at times

Comment

So how do i get rid of it then?? Or will it just go?? And is it something to wory about??

cheers

Comment

If you've got a fault code reader, you can clear it with that, or you'll need to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.

Comment

Ok sweet, but i it wont have affected the car in any way would it??

cheers

Comment

So how do i get rid of it then?? Or will it just go?? And is it something to wory about??

cheers
                    nothing to worry bout just disconect battery for 10-15min

Comment

Doesnt the engine go bang anymore when you do this on modern cars now?? I put my old rover in 3rd instead of 5th and had to walk home Have they got a safety feature on them or something?

Comment

Ok sweet, but i it wont have affected the car in any way would it??

cheers
                        It will have put extra stress on the engine and gear box, but if you've only done it once it should be OK. Just don't do it again

Comment

Haha thanks guys, was getting worried! Just the sun was out had the music on and wasnt paying much attension, hasnt happened before and will never happen again

Comment

nah dont worry i did it a coulpe of months back i was doing 70 and droped it into 2nd by accident ouch haha

just dont do it agen

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                              nah dont worry i did it a coulpe of months back i was doing 70 and droped it into 2nd by accident ouch haha

just dont do it agen
                              hahahaha

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Working...
                              X