This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR Water Leak

Following my last leak which was never resolved, again my passenger footwell has filled with water. The water is somehow collecting under the back seats and slowly seeping into the footwell? In my last trip to the garage my car was stripped, dried out, then pressure washed all over, but they could never make it leak!
    I don't know what to do now, other than get the car drained and dryed out again. Has anybody else had the same problem and if so how was it resolved? The last trip to the garage was 7 days without the car and a £500 bill, but no diagnosis or explanation! HELP!

Old vauxhalls could suffer from water coming in through the seal between the body work and rear light clusters, it would wet the boot area and fill the rear foot wells may be worth a look having had mine off thay do have the same sort of rubbish seals.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

my Corsa C would also let in water, check the seal around the boot opening - it's hard to explain but the metal part inside it that holds it to the body had sort of split so that in one part it wasn't correctly positioned

Comment

You say that the water is entering the front footwell ??
        When you first noticed it was the front footwell wet ??
        are you losing any water from the cooloing system ??
        are you noticing the water after a long drive or after it has been sat in the road ??
        the questions I'm asking is trying to Identify what or were it could be coming from
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
          You say that the water is entering the front footwell ??
          When you first noticed it was the front footwell wet ??
          are you losing any water from the cooloing system ??
          are you noticing the water after a long drive or after it has been sat in the road ??
          the questions I'm asking is trying to Identify what or were it could be coming from
          Sorry rear passenger footwell ONLY

Comment

Rear passenger footwell only.

Comment

there's a rubber grommet under the backseat maybe coming in there?

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                there's a rubber grommet under the backseat maybe coming in there?
                You would hope the dealers checked that

my moneys on the rear light clusters. or may be a rear quarter window as they are only bonned in.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                  You would hope the dealers checked that

my moneys on the rear light clusters. or may be a rear quarter window as they are only bonned in.
                  yes you are probably right just thinking of all options

Comment

Originally posted by maddog View Post
                    Rear passenger footwell only.
                    Do you park your car on the flat or at an angle on a slope?

Where are you from?

Comment

Working...
                    X