Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil + filter change - will it affect warranty?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil + filter change - will it affect warranty?

Hi guys

I got my vxracing this week and despite being only 6 months old and 2000 miles on the clock the oil is looking pretty black and when I plugged in ****** it said the oil had 53% life left.

I feel that it could do with a change but I'm curious as to how this would affect my Network Q and manufacturer's warranty as I understand that the car needs to be serviced with genuine vauxhall parts. Does this just mean that I need to use a genuine vauxhall oil filter or could I get away with a generic one without voiding the warranty? Cheers

why not just get a genuine GM one mate? there not expensive from VX

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
      why not just get a genuine GM one mate? there not expensive from VX
      Yeah I'll probably just do that if they're not too expensive, it's just that my mechanic mate who works for merc gets generic parts stupidly cheap through euros but as you say I'll just ask him to get me a genuine one! Cheers

Comment

93178952 is the part number, think they are under a fiver

North East England - Tech 2 diagnostics/ code clearing available, Cruise control switches supplied fitted and activated . PM me for details

Comment

£4.12 to be precise changin my oil n filter 2nit. am using Mobil1 0W40 protection formula fully syn halfords doing it quite cheap £36

Comment

I know it's been posted a million times but everyone seems to use different oil!?

I used 10-40 in my last astra turbo and am about to do an oil change in the VXR.

I'm reading 5-30 full synthetic in other threads but would like some clarification

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

cost me 20 quid to do the oil and filter change with GM oil and filter including a new sump oring using my trade club card from AON

Comment

i used 0W40 on my last oil change as my mate works for lubrizol and they test oils all the time on different cars and recommends this as best oil for the astra vxr engine running a map!

Comment

I also used 0W40 Mobil1 on my last oil change, and my car is standard.

Comment

Will using 10w40 harm the car at all? I have a slight issue with valve stem seals and I'm wondering if I put some 10w40 in will reduce the issue slightly?

Comment

get the oil filters on trade club for just over £1 each I buy a box at a time
                      oil i buy 4 a time for £50 or just over
                      the truth is out there
                      part GSI part VXR
                      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Working...
                      X