This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astra vxr key problem

hi i have a astra vxr 09 plate and i got out with my key in my pocket and my mate drove my car back about 2 or 3 miles and realised he didnt have my keys is this normal should the car drive off without the keys ? as i was still standing where he took over ?

Originally posted by vxrandi1972 View Post
    hi i have a astra vxr 09 plate and i got out with my key in my pocket and my mate drove my car back about 2 or 3 miles and realised he didnt have my keys is this normal should the car drive off without the keys ? as i was still standing where he took over ?
    from what i read do you have keyless entry??

Comment

Yes mate this is fine it is designed so that if some how you throw your keys out when travelling on the motorway you car won't just die on you how ever if your mate had stopped the car and tryed to start it again he would have just got the ping sound
      sigpic
      Stage 3 291 bhp 331 ft-lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
        from what i read do you have keyless entry??
        yes i do have the keyless entry

Comment

Originally posted by dickievxr View Post
          Yes mate this is fine it is designed so that if some how you throw your keys out when travelling on the motorway you car won't just die on you how ever if your mate had stopped the car and tryed to start it again he would have just got the ping sound
          oh ok its just i was standing about 3 miles away and the car didnt cut out or lose power he just couldnt turn it off

Comment

oh ok its just i was standing about 3 miles away and the car didnt cut out or lose power he just couldnt turn it off
            chuff me sum one cud nick it then really /?

Comment

mmmm he should have been able to turn it off just not back on again, yeah like i said the car will act the same no loss of power or cut out
              sigpic

Comment

chuff me sum one cud nick it then really /?
                thats what i am thinking

Comment

yeah if you get out and leave the engine running but the same as if you leave your keys in the igniton don't leave it on turn off if your out of the car when it's off with the keys it shouldn't start
                  sigpic

Comment

mmmm he should have been able to turn it off just not back on again, yeah like i said the car will act the same no loss of power or cut out
                    so if someone robs my car they can drive it as far as they want and when they turn it off they cant turn it back on?

Comment

I stepped out of my VXR (with the engine running) and the fob in my pocket. Stepped a few feet away and could easily see an amber light quickly flashing on the clocks. From the icon on the clocks, it was obvious it was telling me the fob was out of range of the car.

So I assume your mate drove the 2-3 miles without looking at the clocks
                      Last edited by Tecky; 22 July 2010, 08:39 PM.
                      Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

yeah if you get out and leave the engine running but the same as if you leave your keys in the igniton don't leave it on turn off if your out of the car when it's off with the keys it shouldn't start
                        ok thanks becuase i forgot to give my mate my key he can drive as far as he wants or should a light flash to say he hasnt got the key

Comment

Originally posted by Tecky View Post
                          I stepped out of my VXR (with the engine running) and the fob in my pocket. Stepped a few feet away and could easy an amber light quickly flashing on the clocks. From the icon on the clocks, it was obvious it was telling me the fob was out of range of the car.

So I assume your mate drove the 2-3 miles without looking at the clocks
                          ok thanks is there a problem if the light didnt flash?

Comment

am sure tho somewere in the car you have a spare plastic key that starts you car also

Comment

ok thanks is there a problem if the light didnt flash?
                              It should have flashed, maybe he didn't look or realize what it was?

am sure tho somewere in the car you have a spare plastic key that starts you car also
                              It's inside the fob.
                              Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X