This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company's who can make bracket's/carrier's for upgraded calipers

as above...i would be greatful if any 1 could give me names/link's of company's that could make up braket's and what eles is needed.... to make a after market caliper to fit a astra vxr ! any infor at all for what is needed to make the caliper fit ! so any company's that you think might be able to do this ... let me know please ... as would like to give them a call as would like to do some thing a bit diffrent than the norm !

im not 100% clued up as to what i need ! ..say i was to buy a after market caliper..then want them to fit my car...what would i need?

any info at all would be great.

kind regard's paul
    Last edited by VXR PAUL; 23 July 2010, 01:27 PM.
    ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

vxr-mattblacksheep can do it. it'll be expensive to do better of getting a ready made kit. what calipers have u got?
    Last edited by smokinvxr; 22 July 2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
      vxr-mattblacksheep can do it. it'll be expensive to do better of getting a ready made kit. what calipers have u got?

how expensive are we talking about? surly it carnt cost more than a ready made kit? ..if you are only after the carrier's? i aint got a caliper as of yet..but would like to try some thing diffrent buy a caliper..then get the rest made up...bit by bit..that way im not paying £1400 all at once (and i can say i did it my way )

i'll send him a pm see what he say's

cheer's mate

kind regard's paul

Comment

if you send me your email add i can forward it to a guy who makes the golf stuff...I asked him before and said no problem , he can also powder coat brakes and has a few sets of calipers at hand ie brembo and ap
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
          if you send me your email add i can forward it to a guy who makes the golf stuff...I asked him before and said no problem , he can also powder coat brakes and has a few sets of calipers at hand ie brembo and ap
          sound's like a guy i need to talk to pm sent paul mate.

kind regard's paul

Comment

ill forward your details
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

[QUOTE=VXR PAUL;1378761] i aint got a caliper as of yet..but would like to try some thing diffrent buy a caliper..then get the rest made up...bit by bit..that way im not paying £1400 all at once (and i can say i did it my way ) QUOTE]

why not paul!

one of my mate won a set of vxr monaro calipers and pads on ebay for about £50 after some mock up work and some custom carriers they are now paired to a set of used astra vxr discs and squeezed behind his gsi rims.total cost,about £300.i know someone else who has a set of porsche 996 brembo calipers on his,which was even easier to do apparently.

why not be different if you have the time to look around,good luck to you matey.
              ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
              version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
              version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
              coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                ill forward your details
                ok mate cheer's .

Comment

Pm moosh and tell him what your doing, he might be able to help

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=PERCY'S vxr;1378816]
                    Originally posted by VXR PAUL View Post
                    i aint got a caliper as of yet..but would like to try some thing diffrent buy a caliper..then get the rest made up...bit by bit..that way im not paying £1400 all at once (and i can say i did it my way ) QUOTE]

why not paul!

one of my mate won a set of vxr monaro calipers and pads on ebay for about £50 after some mock up work and some custom carriers they are now paired to a set of used astra vxr discs and squeezed behind his gsi rims.total cost,about £300.i know someone else who has a set of porsche 996 brembo calipers on his,which was even easier to do apparently.

why not be different if you have the time to look around,good luck to you matey.
                    know that is what im talking about was thinking down the line's of nice set of red brembo caliper's

yeah that's it ian...why not eh im in the market for a set of brake's so thought i'll try some thing diffrent..

cheer's

paul

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                      Pm moosh and tell him what your doing, he might be able to help
                      will do gary mate ..cheer's.

paul

Comment

come on guy's there must be company's out there that do this sort of stuff?..iv searched on google but just dead end's... what would it come under ?

very greatful for any helpful reply's.

kind regard's paul

Comment

i have a set of alcon calipers with astra vxr carriers, just needs discs. done approx. 1500 miles, with pads £450 if you want them or anyone wants them?

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
                            i have a set of alcon calipers with astra vxr carriers, just needs discs. done approx. 1500 miles, with pads £450 if you want them or anyone wants them?
                            very greatful for that offer mate if this does become a dead end(finding a company) then i will 100% give you a shout...that's if you still have them. just trying to be a little diffrent mate

Comment

yeah no worries, i did a set of carriers for my porsche brembo's, they are easy to manufacture i just dont get time at work so looking for my own machine to make them

Comment

Working...
                              X