This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resonated & Non-resonated

hi whats the different between resonated and non-resonated?

and turbo back and cat back?

Resonated = Quiet (silencers fitted)
    Non-Resonated = Loud (no silencers)

Turbo Back = Full exhaust from the turbo to back box
    Cat Back = Exhaust changed from the second cat to the back box

Comment

Originally posted by MattW View Post
      Resonated = Quiet (silencers fitted)
      Non-Resonated = Loud (no silencers)

Turbo Back = Full exhaust from the turbo to back box
      Cat Back = Exhaust changed from the second cat to the back box
      ok thankss

Comment

resonated is pants,dont go for that

Comment

Hi

Resonated means that it has 2 silencers, so will be the quieter version of an exhaust.

Non-Resonated means that it usually has only 1 silencer so will be louder, and probably the more popular version.

Turbo back means exactly what it says, it is a full system from the turbo all the to the tail pipe (including cat and silencers)

Cat back means the exhaust is fitted from the catalytic converter (cat) to the tail pipe, the exhaust from the turbo to the cat remains the same.

HTH Charl

Looks like you to beat me to it Matt
          Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

Comment

as these guys have stated.. and with silencers i personally dont like how quite they are..

Comment

All personal preference - I have fully resonated, makes a nice noise when she's opened up but almost std when pootling about, for me a non-res is too shouty

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                All personal preference - I have fully resonated, makes a nice noise when she's opened up but almost std when pootling about, for me a non-res is too shouty
                I would go with that also
                I have both center pipe's
                so i can also have a non res system if wanted
                the truth is out there
                part GSI part VXR
                tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMc View Post
                  resonated is pants,dont go for that
                  Really? lol, .
                  Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Has anyone got the resonated milltek? I cant decide if I want a remus or resonated Milltek.
                    I went in Bridgevxrs car at snetterton the other day and the remus sounded great but I just wonder if i'd get sick of it being that loud day in day out.
                    Arden Astra VXR
                    Stage 2 - 289bhp Blueflame Exhaust & Remap

Comment

Originally posted by Georgy View Post
                      Has anyone got the resonated milltek? I cant decide if I want a remus or resonated Milltek.
                      I went in Bridgevxrs car at snetterton the other day and the remus sounded great but I just wonder if i'd get sick of it being that loud day in day out.
                      Fully resonated Milltek on ours (not the race 3") - as described above

Astra

Comment

Working...
                      X