This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'esp' astra vxr

do you drive with esp on or off? is there a feel of difference?

iv just stated doing this, i find it alot more exciting to drive with esp off all the time, i also think the power delivery is almost immediate where as before there was a definite lag, you can feel the tryes on the road alot more and sometimes when u give it some throttle out the corners im wondering if im gna wrap it up lol i have stage 2 tho so im not sure how much difference it makes to standard car but im thinking that leaving it off is the way forward!! not sure about how it impacts on the life of your tyre tread tho ill give you an update in a month or 2 haha

Comment

Originally posted by thall_burg439 View Post
      iv just stated doing this, i find it alot more exciting to drive with esp off all the time, i also think the power delivery is almost immediate where as before there was a definite lag, you can feel the tryes on the road alot more and sometimes when u give it some throttle out the corners im wondering if im gna wrap it up lol i have stage 2 tho so im not sure how much difference it makes to standard car but im thinking that leaving it off is the way forward!! not sure about how it impacts on the life of your tyre tread tho ill give you an update in a month or 2 haha
      Shouldn't be worried about reducing the life of the tyres, I'd be more worried about wearing the gearbox out quicker. With TC off one wheel can be spinning at a different speed to the other.

I read something that (I think) a bearing can heat up stupidly fast inside the box when this happens.

That said, I agree the car is more fun with TC off.
      Lightning Silver Astra

Comment

Traction off all the time 1st thing I do is turn that off and put my remap on ( pending weather) lots better that's before remap and after

Comment

Off all the time!!
          Arden Astra VXR
          Black e92 320d
          Silver e92 335d
          Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
          Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

as long as the weather/roads are dry ESP is allways off just find it a better drive
            435bhp 410ftlb astra J VXR
            RSS induction, RSS Fully Forged, 3" turbo back, Forge FMIC, EFR6758, Nortech Mani, Proalloy water rad, 2way KW Clubsports, Forge brace, 1/2 Roll cage, Recaro Pole Posistion, Forge braied lines, AP Racing 362mm & Pagid RS29, lightend fly & uprated clutch

Comment

not really ever, the only time would be in snow if i needed to do a 'controlled' wheel spin to get up a steep hill

Comment

As said start car sport button for 5 sec then off i go, what the point in have it mapped and not use it, i just wish i could get it programed in with the map so you had to turn it on not off.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Never heard of it!

Comment

esp - electronic stability controll, much better off but i value my tyres too much, lol

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Originally posted by DICKO1 View Post
                      esp - electronic stability control
                      I was joking mate, I'm not completely retarded! Haha

Comment

just checking pal. lol

2008 Arden Astra with a hint of Black

Comment

Working...
                        X