Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long to fit lsd

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how long to fit lsd

    as title guys how long does it take? also how long do they last (lsd)

    am buying one second hand and getting it fitted thursday

  • #2
    A few hours dude, depends how familiar the mechanic is with the Astra. Some may attempt to fit without dropping out the subframe others will drop all out for ease of access etc.

    Its really up to the folks fitting.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

    Comment


    • #3
      I had mine fitted at MPG, Took around 4 hours and that was including my Sachs Clutch too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Make sure you fit new bearings too Jase and get a couple of drive shaft seals.
        Last edited by worky; 24 July 2010, 01:15 PM. Reason: can't spell :(
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

        Comment


        • #5
          as above, ive only know of one off the top of my head to fail in the m32 box. they tend to last for donkies.
          my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
            as above, ive only know of one off the top of my head to fail in the m32 box. they tend to last for donkies.

            Cheers guys am buying it off vxrbrett with the corsa .. He se I get everything from his to mine as he's having my diff?????

            Thorney will be swapping them both over,,,,,

            Comment


            • #7
              Given its Thorney that is fitting they will look after the bearings and seals as they will be welled used to fitting LSDs to the Astra
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by worky View Post
                Given its Thorney that is fitting they will look after the bearings and seals as they will be welled used to fitting LSDs to the Astra

                Thanx matey shud a put a uprated clucth fitted u rekon as am on 51k or will I be ok

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                  Thanx matey shud a put a uprated clucth fitted u rekon as am on 51k or will I be ok
                  I personally would as they will have it all apart and may do you a discount for fitting it... It all depends whether you have the funds to do it now mate, if your looking at going Stage 3/4 its worth having a uprated clutch especially as yours will have a fair bit of wear now being on 50k+. I would recommend the Sachs one, I am well chuffed with mine!

                  My standard one was only on 18k when I changed to the Sachs one as I knew at 370lb/ft+ the standard one wasn't going to last all that long. I also got it fitted free whilst they were doing the LSD so it was a deal sealer.
                  Last edited by Lawro; 24 July 2010, 02:20 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                    I personally would as they will have it all apart and may do you a discount for fitting it... It all depends whether you have the funds to do it now mate, if your looking at going Stage 3/4 its worth having a uprated clutch especially as yours will have a fair bit of wear now being on 50k+. I would recommend the Sachs one, I am well chuffed with mine!
                    x2 may as well though they may not drop the box out to fit the LSD so labour will be slightly more but will save you from doing it later down the line.
                    | Find | Watch | Follow |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by worky View Post
                      x2 may as well though they may not drop the box out to fit the LSD so labour will be slightly more but will save you from doing it later down the line.
                      any links to clucth lads????? plz and which one to get

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                        I personally would as they will have it all apart and may do you a discount for fitting it... It all depends whether you have the funds to do it now mate, if your looking at going Stage 3/4 its worth having a uprated clutch especially as yours will have a fair bit of wear now being on 50k+. I would recommend the Sachs one, I am well chuffed with mine!

                        My standard one was only on 18k when I changed to the Sachs one as I knew at 370lb/ft+ the standard one wasn't going to last all that long. I also got it fitted free whilst they were doing the LSD so it was a deal sealer.
                        +3 mine went last night.....and doesn't it stink, smell lingers forever

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I ordered mine from Courtenay, I paid just over £550 IIRC Delivered. Mine is the Sachs Uprated Cover and Uprated Ceramic Metallic Disc. Might be worth getting a Billit Flywheel too.

                          EDIT: http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...wDoc&docId=163
                          Last edited by Lawro; 24 July 2010, 03:38 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                            I ordered mine from Courtenay, I paid just over £550 IIRC Delivered. Mine is the Sachs Uprated Cover and Uprated Ceramic Metallic 'Paddle' Disc. Might be worth getting a Billit Flywheels too.
                            cnt afford to that yet lol. ill have to wait then lol didnt no it be that dear

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                              cnt afford to that yet lol. ill have to wait then lol didnt no it be that dear
                              Its a dear thing this modifying lark!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X