This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just done insurance quotes and...

As above, just done 2 of them. One for a Astra VXR and 1 for a Standard astra 1.6 twinport. Well they both came to around 7-8k... but surely that can't be right. The VXR is in insurance group 17 and the 1.6 astra is in group 5-6? surely it should be cheaper for the 1.6?....

not always mate depends also on the reg, newer the reg the dearer it can be i believe..

youl be lucky if i am honest at gettin a good deal on a 1.2 as insurence qoute are going up..

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
      not always mate depends also on the reg, newer the reg the dearer it can be i believe..

youl be lucky if i am honest at gettin a good deal on a 1.2 as insurence qoute are going up..
      Its an 06 plate 1.6 mate.

Comment

Plus i am only 16, 17 in spetember but i was checking what it could be when i pass my test and that. so if its the same then i might just get a Corsa vxR?... but still it will still be well to powerful as my 1st car you know what i mean?

Comment

Realistically mate, i did it at 16 and got quotes of 7k on a 1.0 corsa come time time you have room to phone and haggle, after 1st car and some ncb prices will fall trust me. Dont get too ahead of your self and pass your test first when old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaunyboy12 View Post
            Realistically mate, i did it at 16 and got quotes of 7k on a 1.0 corsa come time time you have room to phone and haggle, after 1st car and some ncb prices will fall trust me. Dont get too ahead of your self and pass your test first when old enough.
            True that, but i was only checking because i was intrested in maybe what i might/could be paying in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyyVXR View Post
              True that, but i was only checking because i was intrested in maybe what i might/could be paying in the future.
              bit pointless really .. your only 16 .. and by time you actually pass probably 17 1/2 or 18 .. so prices wont be anywhere near it.

And a 17 year old on an 06 astra 1.6 is even silly let alone a 2.0 vxr

look at 1.2's and things more sensible

Comment

Originally posted by Danny133 View Post
                bit pointless really .. your only 16 .. and by time you actually pass probably 17 1/2 or 18 .. so prices wont be anywhere near it.

lol yeah but still, there's no crime and having a look is there?. well not really because one of my mates well used to be had a 2.0 mondeo as his 1st car. and plus the astra 1.6 is not that fast of what ive seen of it the last 4 years but thats just my opinion though...

Comment

Well a 1.6 Astra wouldn't exactly be quick so I don't see why it's a silly proposal. Unless he was picking the 1.6 Turbo SRi

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                    Well a 1.6 Astra wouldn't exactly be quick so I don't see why it's a silly proposal. Unless he was picking the 1.6 Turbo SRi
                    Its a 1.6 Twinport 06 and has 36k on it.

Comment

could try Bell insurance, part of the admiral group

Insure just about anybody ( i have 12 points and loads of mods declared)

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
                        could try Bell insurance, part of the admiral group

Insure just about anybody ( i have 12 points and loads of mods declared)
                        12 points? how come your not banned pal?

Comment

Originally posted by MartyyVXR View Post
                          12 points? how come your not banned pal?
                          Claimed hardship

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny133 View Post

half a year to pass you can't of been as desperate as me I passed in my 4th week of being 17

Comment

Originally posted by danielhoworth View Post
                              half a year to pass you can't of been as desperate as me I passed in my 4th week of being 17
                              Im well desperate to pass m8, can't wait till im driving. also hope to pass my test in 5 months but we shall see. tell you one thing i won't be a knob on the road...

Comment

Working...
                              X