This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garrett turbo conversion

hi everyone first time posting on this site and i need some advice, i have a astra coupe turbo and i have just finished a garrett turbo conversion with tubular manifold but i am unsure where you get the take off to work the wastegate actuator and what do you do with the pipe that used to go to the internal dump valve on the old vxr turbo? your help will be greatly received

^ random dude strikes again! ^

Comment

Originally posted by rccoupe View Post
      hi everyone first time posting on this site and i need some advice, i have a astra coupe turbo and i have just finished a garrett turbo conversion with tubular manifold but i am unsure where you get the take off to work the wastegate actuator and what do you do with the pipe that used to go to the internal dump valve on the old vxr turbo? your help will be greatly received
      you need to take a pressure tap off the compressor housing on the highest pressure point as possible for best control like this.

if you have a 3" inlet and 2" outlet compressor housing you may have to weld on a bung like i have had to,otherwise you can only pick a point up near the discharge end of it.

if you intesnd to keep the stock boost control solenoid,you will also need to tap it into the inlet side of the turbo aswell.

garrets dont have built in dump valves like the stock turbos do so you will either have to run a bailey dump valve or an after market recirc valve.either way you want to run the stock hose to the dump valve to allow it to work properly.
      ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
      version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
      version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
      coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Working...
      X