This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell housing oil leak

Well did abit of work on the car yesterday only to fined there is oil leaking from the bell housing well i think its oil as its the same gold colour as my engine oil. and it [email protected] out we cleaned it all of i drove the car for about 45min and its covered again.

I just hope the rear crank oil seal has failed and nothing has cursed it to happen but the cars only done 24k!!

at least my clutch is not oiled up and slipping yet but i carn't see this been a cheap repair.

does anyone know if the rear crank oil seals are prone to failure on the astra vxr's?

any input would be great

Thank i will be a phone call to Ian at MPG tomorrow.

Thanks Adam
    sigpic
    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

just been out and dropped some oil out of it in case it was over full i don't think this was the case theo but might as well give it a go.
    sigpic

Comment

hope you get this sorted soon fella , hopefully it aint related to the 3 gauge conversion in anyway??
      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
        just been out and dropped some oil out of it in case it was over full i don't think this was the case theo but might as well give it a go.
        The fact you had more oil in it may have stressed a seal and subsequently made it leak
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Bump on an old thread mine now has this its the main rear oil seal right ?

thats what courts said anyway gearbox out jobbiw to replace a £25 part ....

Comment

Nothing else for it unfortunately, its one of those jobs that takes a lot of stripping down to fix such a small issue.
            | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Sounds as though you answered your own question as it sound like the crank shaft oil seal.
              hope it doesn't work out to be to expensive good luck.
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
                Well did abit of work on the car yesterday only to fined there is oil leaking from the bell housing well i think its oil as its the same gold colour as my engine oil. and it [email protected] out we cleaned it all of i drove the car for about 45min and its covered again.

I just hope the rear crank oil seal has failed and nothing has cursed it to happen but the cars only done 24k!!

at least my clutch is not oiled up and slipping yet but i carn't see this been a cheap repair.

does anyone know if the rear crank oil seals are prone to failure on the astra vxr's?

any input would be great

Thank i will be a phone call to Ian at MPG tomorrow.

Thanks Adam
                Check the breather from the crank casing aren't blocked before taking anything apart, as to much pressure in the crank casing can push oil true the rear crank-seal.
                sigpic

Click Follow Me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by nielsen View Post
                  Check the breather from the crank casing aren't blocked before taking anything apart, as to much pressure in the crank casing can push oil true the rear crank-seal.
                  im off to vxrdaves house tomorow to have a look any chance you could perhaps descibe a little more where this is ? im very simple perhaps a pic thanks

Comment

Had this on my old vxr, was the rear crankcase seal.. If it is, it's a gearbox off job iirc

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                      Had this on my old vxr, was the rear crankcase seal.. If it is, it's a gearbox off job iirc
                      its like a £450 job for a £25 seal

lightweigh flywheel aswell while im in there me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                        its like a £450 job for a £25 seal

lightweigh flywheel aswell while im in there me thinks
                        thats right mate mine was done under warrenty. was a good thing really as i can no way afford £500 at the mo
                        sigpic

Comment

try doing a crank seal on a 16L V8 thats Fun with its gearbox
                          the truth is out there
                          part GSI part VXR
                          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Working...
                          X