Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

evans halshaw luton!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • evans halshaw luton!

    just been down to evans halshaw in luton to purchase an arden blue vxr and the guy was nothing but a complete w*%*#r!!

    it was 06' plate, 37k, arden, normal sorta spec.
    up for £9992

    took iot for a test drive checked over the paperwork etc and was all good so it come to deal time. tried to haggle but salesman wasnt having none of it.
    so i told him id pay the asking if he threw in the 98quid admin fee, 6 months tax, tank of fuel and a spare key!!! so all in all about 350s worth of stuff. seemed like a fair deal to me and he goes to ask his boss then his boss comes out and tells me staright up he cannot do it. so i give him my number and tell him to call if he changes his mind.
    next thing he calls me a name under his breath and storms into his office seriously slamming the door behind him!!!

    what a complete nob who just lost himself 10 grand!!!avoid at all costss!!!

  • #2
    thats bad mate poor service and id not deal with them again if i were you, longy has a few for sale on revitupuk

    Comment


    • #3
      yea i sold my last one to him and am keeping an eye out on there. i know sweriously poor. thought about emailing head office.

      Comment


      • #4
        try motorbodies

        Comment


        • #5
          Majority of used car dealers at VX are fools mate.

          Comment


          • #6
            was that the one down by the airport or the one opposite pc world?
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lukejamiethompson View Post
              yea i sold my last one to him and am keeping an eye out on there. i know sweriously poor. thought about emailing head office.
              If you feel that aggrieved at his attatude then give their head office a ring,
              may get him his 4r5e kicked but probably nothing else.

              I can't fault the way you tried to get a deal especially if you had no part X, I would try and do the same.
              Good on ya.
              Would like to do more,

              Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

              Comment


              • #8
                Yer near the airport mate

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mouldin View Post
                  Yer near the airport mate

                  The dealership near the airport is MOTORBODIES of LUTON.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    last year I went to vauxhall in barnsley and a salesman came over and said what are you looking for. I said a corsa vxr and he said you wont get insured on one why not try a 1.4 I said no im alright cheers later that day bought one from another dealer what a dope lol I had money and everything I do look about 20 but im 24 so his loss i fther like that mate like whats happened to you just tell em to **** off and walk off no skin off your nose. Also when you go looking at a car dont seem interested init push the salesman.

                    I got an extra 800 quid for my part x because i didn seem intersted init whereas I really wanted it. Its all phychology. Find the car you want and say well its alright but I really wanted blue say if its a red car. Then say wel I duno insurance is pretty high. Pick out all the details and stuff and ask them about fuel costs and go I bet it drinks fuel dont it. Also pick out exrtas it aint got even if you wait bothered like say tihngs like oh i as looking at full leather really.

                    If its a girl salesman when they drive it out for you to test drive it just give her a compliment like you look miles better in this than i would propper suits you. Lasses like compliments will throw her off track to what shes doing its all phychology.

                    Then after you have driven it say it drives alright but ive got a few more to look at I still aint sure. and ask what kinda deal they can do on it if you act like you really want it the balls in there court if you dont seem intersted then they have to try and sell it to you. also try and avoid saying how much your looking at paying or how much your wanting for your part x if they put you on the spot say a higher price than you wanted to throw them off. Just some ideas I love sales worked in sales for years including car sales. Plenty more cars about mate good look with your searching.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by lukejamiethompson View Post
                      just been down to evans halshaw in luton to purchase an arden blue vxr and the guy was nothing but a complete w*%*#r!!

                      it was 06' plate, 37k, arden, normal sorta spec.
                      up for £9992

                      took iot for a test drive checked over the paperwork etc and was all good so it come to deal time. tried to haggle but salesman wasnt having none of it.
                      so i told him id pay the asking if he threw in the 98quid admin fee, 6 months tax, tank of fuel and a spare key!!! so all in all about 350s worth of stuff. seemed like a fair deal to me and he goes to ask his boss then his boss comes out and tells me staright up he cannot do it. so i give him my number and tell him to call if he changes his mind.
                      next thing he calls me a name under his breath and storms into his office seriously slamming the door behind him!!!

                      what a complete nob who just lost himself 10 grand!!!avoid at all costss!!!
                      I bought a 2.2 Coupe from Evens Halshaw in Chester, must be honest it was a cracking car but long story short it was an auto and the gearbox went on me.
                      Had to take it to Evans Halshaw in Wrexham and they were a complete bunch of T**ts.
                      They told me that my warrenty may not cover the problem and was trying to say I had done something to it (how I don't know coz its not a manual).
                      Anyway they tried to get me to buy another car from them and they would give me £2500 as a good will gesture. So I had a look at RX-8's and they had one according to the manager that had just come in at there newcastle dealership, according to him it was black 05 and had the usual spec and he could do it for me at a cost of £4000 and my car. I asked if he could do it for 3k and I would give him cash the next day and he said YES!
                      So I go into the dealership the next day and he's gone on holiday for 2 weeks but he had told his deputy all about it (supposedly!). I spoke to him about the car and it had changed age and color over night!
                      It was now Grey and an 04 and had another 50k on-top of the 34k the black one had lol.
                      He told me there was no black one never was a black one and he didn't know where I got the idea there was an 05 black RX-8
                      I told them to shuv-it and fix my car! They did in the end but I had to threat leagal action!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yes the one opposite pc world!

                        ive tried searching for a contact email for head office but cannot find one anywhere!!

                        and thats funny you should say that sootie as soon as i got there and he go the keys first thing he said was 'insurance is quite expensive on these son!'. so already got off on the wrong foot but i just told him not too worry about that and just let me take it for a drive!

                        imbasil!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In my experience the EH in stockport has a couple of idiots, especially on the service desk!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lukejamiethompson View Post
                            yes the one opposite pc world!

                            ive tried searching for a contact email for head office but cannot find one anywhere!!

                            and thats funny you should say that sootie as soon as i got there and he go the keys first thing he said was 'insurance is quite expensive on these son!'. so already got off on the wrong foot but i just told him not too worry about that and just let me take it for a drive!

                            imbasil!
                            Steriotype people is a bad sales pitch and a bad salesperson, ive had it before and just walk off its there loss.

                            Never steriotype anyone cos someone that looks a tramp coul be a millionaire, or someone that looks like a millionaire could be broke. Ive done it before though with young first drivers, but thats diffrent as im not selling them, 99% are cocks and cause havok. But id never do it at work as it can loose business. Also a good sales person knows what there selling 99% dont and try to blind you with jargon. And its also how the close a deal i.e with finance offers etc and not just get you to sign it. So if a sales man is being a ****, no matter how much you love the car, walk away and they have lost out not you, theres more cars
                            Last edited by Shaunyboy12; 26 July 2010, 08:19 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by judopez78 View Post
                              In my experience the EH in stockport has a couple of idiots, especially on the service desk!!!
                              Totally agree mate, the service department is shocking at EH in Stockport.

                              I have a long complaint I made to them and ended up getting a nod from a respected person on this website as to where to complain. They took my complaint up and I got what I wanted. Took almost 6 months though.


                              Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X