This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get new Tyres

Oh no, another Tyre thread. But I have already made my mind up which tyre i'm going to replace these rubbish conti's with (Uniroyal Rainsport 2).

My Dilemma is this - I have 3MM of tread left on all four corners and can't make my mind up wether to get the new ones now or wait until they are down to 2MM. One of the back ones has picked up a nail and if i'm going to the garage, I might as well get them all changed instead of repairing a nearly worn out tyre. I was going to change them before the Winter anyway. But I hate spending money when I haven't had my full monies worth.

What would you do?

Change them and keep the best tyre or 2 as a spare?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
      Change them and keep the best tyre or 2 as a spare?
      That might be an idea. Suppose I could just replace the back ones and do the front later on but thats 2 trips to the garage and I just can't be bothered with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakey View Post
        That might be an idea. Suppose I could just replace the back ones and do the front later on but thats 2 trips to the garage and I just can't be bothered with it.
        I'd change them all at the same time - probably get a better price for 4 as well

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          I'd change them all at the same time - probably get a better price for 4 as well
          I've got a quote for £415 fitted for the Uniroyals with Blackcircles (225x40x1. Seems to be the best price.

Comment

See my thread

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

uni-royalrain sport 2 FTW i think thses are very good tyre's better than my eagle f1's on the back which are still very good tyre's
              ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Got my new tyres and after reconsidering, I went for a set of Toyo Proxes. I've driven them for a couple of hundred miles now and they are so much better than the crappy contis. Road holding is good espacially when you throw it round corners at speed. They just stick to the road like glue and they look good as well.

Got them for £90 a corner which I though was a bargin.

Comment

Got my new tyres and after reconsidering, I went for a set of Toyo Proxes. I've driven them for a couple of hundred miles now and they are so much better than the crappy contis. Road holding is good espacially when you throw it round corners at speed. They just stick to the road like glue and they look good as well.

Got them for £90 a corner which I though was a bargin.
                  Where did you get them from? Ablefit in Bristol?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                    Where did you get them from? Ablefit in Bristol?
                    No - got them in Autotyre, Longwell Green. £360 for the set. Think Ablefit wanted 125ish per tyre.

Comment

No - got them in Autotyre, Longwell Green. £360 for the set. Think Ablefit wanted 125ish per tyre.
                      What size are they 18's or 19's? I went and get some today 225/40 R18 and paid £89.50 per corner fitted for the T1-R's.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                        What size are they 18's or 19's? I went and get some today 225/40 R18 and paid £89.50 per corner fitted for the T1-R's.
                        They were 18inch - where did you get yours?

Comment

They were 18inch - where did you get yours?
                          Ablefit in Longwell Green mate... Strange they quoted you more? Just checked invoice and definatly paid £89.50 fitted each.

Comment

id keep em for lil bit longer. closser to the winter, fresh pair for the winter

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              id keep em for lil bit longer. closser to the winter, fresh pair for the winter
                              Bit late now fella

Comment

Working...
                              X