This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slight problem = ) feedback needed

Hi all i haven't been on for ages ... well since i scuffed my front two alloys since then ive been on a roller coaster ride trying to get them sorted out. I had them powder coated and lacked at jorvick engineering and the first time around they over cooked the lacquer and they were like nicotine stained . I took them back and they re did them for me , free of charge obviously. But when i picked the car up this time they were like whiter than white , they just look so different than the rest of the car dont know what to do . The guy who did them said they will fade and they are only so bright because they are newly painted as if out of the factory.

Has the burg faded ? is that why the newly painted wheels look so bright ? will they fade?

Paint on burg 2 yrs or so, paint on wheels a week or so give it time to settle down, or detail the burg and get the brightness back
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

or maybe its just the wrong white paint........
      Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
      Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
      Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
        Didnt wanna say that the lads had enough grief getting them painted lol
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Not sure you could get an exact colour match with powder coating can you.?? would have to be the same mix as the burgs paint.
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

yeh thts def th wrong colour matey nice motor btw

Comment

cheers peeps

Originally posted by badboyburt View Post
              Paint on burg 2 yrs or so, paint on wheels a week or so give it time to settle down, or detail the burg and get the brightness back
              Originally posted by R34nel View Post
              Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
              Not sure you could get an exact colour match with powder coating can you.?? would have to be the same mix as the burgs paint.
              Originally posted by Sootie600 View Post
              yeh thts def th wrong colour matey nice motor btw
              well i gave the guy the right paint code 474 10u , and ive cleaned and rubbed down the back wheels with srp but no joy. the guy said you could get the back one's done the same :mad think ive been had

Comment

Powder coating will never get the same shade as painting..

Comment

thats why you either always get all 4 wheels done at the same time or you put the 2 refurb wheels on the same side of the car, this way you will not notice it as much as you never see all 4 wheels when looking at a car.. FACT
                  sigpic

Comment

true

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                    thats why you either always get all 4 wheels done at the same time or you put the 2 refurb wheels on the same side of the car, this way you will not notice it as much as you never see all 4 wheels when looking at a car.. FACT
                    true very true , i thought about doing that , but then thought if they do just need time to fade and weather . It would be better keeping them on the front so they get more ware .

Comment

I think you will find they will dull down mate I wouldn't worry about it.give the car a nice detail and polish to brighten that up and you'll soon see they blend more and you won't notice

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                        I think you will find they will dull down mate I wouldn't worry about it.give the car a nice detail and polish to brighten that up and you'll soon see they blend more and you won't notice
                        cheers bud , think il chill out a bit , or al blow a hose lol

Comment

The rear wheels do look a little yellowish though .... maybe try giving the rears a clean up and a good hard polish with some AG SRP , you could always clay the wheels before putting the SRP on, same goes for the bodywork too, clay the car and attack it with some SRP.

James

sigpic
                          MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Not helpful, but get them done black instead and problem solved!! would look good too.
                            Arden Astra VXR
                            Black e92 320d
                            Silver e92 335d
                            Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
                            Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Originally posted by insanejim69 View Post
                              The rear wheels do look a little yellowish though .... maybe try giving the rears a clean up and a good hard polish with some AG SRP , you could always clay the wheels before putting the SRP on, same goes for the bodywork too, clay the car and attack it with some SRP.

James

cheers buddy ive already done that , but its been a week now ...and i think they are starting to dull off , i bet in another month they will be yellow like the rears ; )

Comment

Working...
                              X